Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > Passed 70-315- Kalani tips inside

Passed 70-315- Kalani tips inside

GS

Hi all,

Just passed 70-315 today and I'm ecstatic

Thanks for all your help everyone!

I studied everything in a short timespan so here's my
strategy in case anyone wants to try the same stunt.

Text Book:
Amit Kalani's book is awesome! I read it back to back and
did about 85-90% of the examples. Even the examples that
I skipped I made sure I read through them and knew what
was going on. I answered all the questions at the end of
each chapter and noted down which ones I got wrong.
One thing with the book being so thick is that I forgot
some of the early chapters by the time I got to the end

Assessment:
I used Measure Up's questions on their site. Excellent
questions and give you a good feel for what the exam is
like so that you know what kind of thing to concentrate
on. More importantly, you will know if you are ready for
the test

Review:
Identified all the trouble spots I was having, and went
back and re-read the particular chapters, this time I
made notes on things I kept forgetting.
Re-did some of the guided practice exercises that I had
forgotten how to do. The author has a good index on his
site at www.techcontent.com

Final review:
The book has an EXCELLENT final review section which
summarizes all the topics in point form and in the order
of the exam objectives. I went through each point and
marked things I could not remember, and re-read the
sections for that point. This final review chapter helped
me more than anything because it gave me a good step-by-
step way to review things.

Tips I wish people had given me before I started to study
the book :

* Don't miss the guided practice exercises in the text
book - they often show you a few different ways to do
things you think you already know and this helps a lot.
* The first time you go through the book, keep notes on
practical things eg. syntax of commands etc for reviewing
later. The final review points in the book dont always
list all the practical aspects of topics.
* When doing the exercises, play around a with the
techniques you just learned and experiment. I did a lot
of playing around with ADO.NET and I got the whole data
access section right in the test!
* Do not compromise - when you have identified a gap in
your knowledge, go through the section and nail it down.
The exam can be tricky at times so you can't afford to
miss things.

All in all I dont think I would have needed measure up if
I had took a week or two more to review but I was in a
rush and it did help a lot.

But I do recommend you get some sample questions and go
through them to see what the exam is like. It can be a
little tricky at times.

Hope this helps. Good luck all!

Ben

Excellent job!! Was the format of the exam multiple
choice or the new format: Drag & Drop, Tree, Simulation,
etc.?

Ben

vivek

Congradualtions

and Thanks a lot for the tips

news:04dc01c3b926$b1c8ab80$(E-Mail Removed)...