Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > web applications

web applications

David,

I tried the below mentioned instructions. It is asking me
to insert a XP prof SP 2 CD to install IIS. Where can I
find this CD (it is not available with my standard
windows XP prof OS CD)? Do I have to download microsoft
updates in order to do this? Thanks a lot for this
information.

-Arch B

XP Pro - Go to Add
>Remove Programs - Add Remove Windows Components - Select

IIS. I would
>reccommend you install everything (I know you need the

Front Page server
>extensions)
>If you still have problems try an re-install of VS.NET.

You will know if
>IIS is set up properly as you should get a warning

message if this isn't set
>up.
>Hope this helps,
>
>David W
>MCP
>
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:055f01c3b2bb$1e5b3c30$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I'm sorry, I'm a little confused. I understand that I
>> can't create a new project because I don't have a web
>> server, but what does SQL (XP home user) have to do

with
>> it? Can you elaborate in detail on how I'm supposed to
>> start a web application, or point me to a url? Thanks

in
>> advance!!

me

supposed

project.

>> out"..

project?

>> >Yes, you can't create a new project because you need a

>> web server.
>> >
>> >If you're on XP Home, you're SOL, unless you want to

use
>> Cassini. On
>> >2000 or XP Professional, install IIS.
>> >
>> >.
>> >

>.

Paul Robson

> David,
>
> I tried the below mentioned instructions. It is asking me
> to insert a XP prof SP 2 CD to install IIS. Where can I
> find this CD (it is not available with my standard
> windows XP prof OS CD)? Do I have to download microsoft
> updates in order to do this? Thanks a lot for this
> information.

Hi. I have XP Pro and IIS. All I did was go to Add/Remove Programs,
select "Windows Components" and it should be there.

You can't install it on top of XP Home without a huge hack.