Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > 70-315 is the Kalani book by itself enough?

70-315 is the Kalani book by itself enough?

GS

Code Access Security is something I want to use in
upcoming projects so I will definitely read through it
with zest!

By the way how did you all do your review after running
through the book and doing the exercises?

I realized that because the book is so thick I've
forgotten some of the practical topics from the start of
the book. I dont know if my sanity would last if I went
through again and did all the exercises over hehe. Maybe
I'll stick with the Guided practice exercises but I'm not
sure if that covers everything.

Another thing I noticed - because the book categorizes
exercises into distinct topics theres no large exercises
that encompass topics from multiple chapters. This would
help a ton with the review.

If anyone has a list of exercises they gave themselves
that encompass multiple topics, I would appreciate seeing
them

Thanks again all!

General Protection Fault

GS wrote:
> Code Access Security is something I want to use in
> upcoming projects so I will definitely read through it
> with zest!

Yep, that's tricky stuff.

> By the way how did you all do your review after running
> through the book and doing the exercises?

I did the 75/77 question exam from the back and made notes of what I got
wrong, then redid those sections.

> I realized that because the book is so thick I've
> forgotten some of the practical topics from the start of
> the book. I dont know if my sanity would last if I went
> through again and did all the exercises over hehe. Maybe
> I'll stick with the Guided practice exercises but I'm not
> sure if that covers everything.

I modified the exercises a bit to include material from earlier
chapters. For example, instead of just loading a DataSet from the DB,
I'd load it into an XmlReader, then a XmlDataDocument.