Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > Re: Recommendation for 70-310 book

Re: Recommendation for 70-310 book

General Protection Fault

Justin K. McDaniel wrote:
> Recommendations for 70-310 book? This is my last one for MCAD, and I have
> been using MS Press books with a transcender follow up and like that combo
> (70-305, 70-229). Also has anyone used the MS Press book for 70-310 and
> what are the opinions on it?

Kalani's book from Que is the bomb for 70-320. I think they publish a
310 book in the same style. If they don't, just learn C# and use
Kalani's book. The language doesn't matter anyway.

I used Kalani's book with nothing else and passed with a 1006.

Eric Engler

>I used Kalani's book with nothing else and passed with a 1006.

That's a great score!

I also like the Kalani books. But, I don't think there are any books
like it for VB.NET.

The thing I like the most about Kalani is the step-by-step examples
that demonstrate how to do everything.

Eric

Grant

I used the MS Press book (passed the exam yesterday with
905). I found the book frustratingly sparse when it came
to certain topics. As an example, hosting .NET remoting
objects under IIS is mentioned in one paragraph only. I
referred to other MSDN articles and used the MeasureUP
tests a fair bit.

for this topic.

>"Eric Engler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I used Kalani's book with nothing else and passed

with a 1006.

>> That's a great score!
>>
>> I also like the Kalani books. But, I don't think there

are any books
>> like it for VB.NET.
>>
>> The thing I like the most about Kalani is the step-by-

step examples
>> that demonstrate how to do everything.
>>
>> Eric
>>

>.

Eric Engler

This is his book on Web Services and Remoting:

http://www.techcontent.com/TG70320.htm

Eric