Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > 70-229

70-229

moses100

Hi,

Can anyone give me an alternative book for doing the 70-229 exam. I have
been working with sql server as a professional for 2 years and I feel tha tI
wont learn much from the prescribed book.

Thanks

Steve

Well I don't know what the prescribed book is unless it is
a statment from MS. I will take my test at end of month. I
have used Sam's Teach Yourself Transact-SQL in 21 days.
(to really understand it, unless you have full unemployed
days like myself, it will take more than 21 days):
Murach's SQL for SQL Server & MS SQL Server 2000 Database
Design and Implementation 70-229 Second Edition.

My opinion is these are enough to pass the test (will
verify that in about 2 weeks). but be it known I had to
read the Murach's Book over twice to really make it sink
in since it does not have any exercises at the end of the
book. Also since I too am very familiar with SQL 2000
(also passed the 70-22 I first started these books at a
fast pace. Found myself halfway through the MS book to
start all over again and do all the exercises (you must do
that with the MS book since future chapters depend on the
work have have done in previous chapters). The MS book has
200 pages alone on additional exercises and a project
which I also completed. I am excited to say, I really know
the 70-229 material now. I am going to use this in my
profession and business so I need to know it, and not just
pass the test. I am sure others have found other books,
but these were my choice. I started off thinking I only
needed one book, then a second book and then realized I
was still missing a little bit of reinforcement and that
is where the 3rd book came in. Anyone book not that great
but the combination of the three did the trick.