Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Reading C# serialized objects into Python?

Reading C# serialized objects into Python?

Alex van der Spek

Is there a way to read C# serialized objects into Python?

I know the definition and structure of the C# objects. The Python docs
say that pickle is specific to Python, which does not give me much hope.
There may be a library however that I haven't come across yet.

Thanks much,
Alex van der Spek

Diez B. Roggisch

Alex van der Spek wrote:

> Is there a way to read C# serialized objects into Python?
>
> I know the definition and structure of the C# objects. The Python docs
> say that pickle is specific to Python, which does not give me much hope.
> There may be a library however that I haven't come across yet.

IronPython might be of help here. You might try to de-serialize in
IronPython, and then serialize again using pickle.

Diez

Steve Holden

Alex van der Spek wrote:
> Is there a way to read C# serialized objects into Python?
>
> I know the definition and structure of the C# objects. The Python docs
> say that pickle is specific to Python, which does not give me much hope.
> There may be a library however that I haven't come across yet.

struct?

regards
Steve
--
Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119