Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > background image tricky

background image tricky

Els

Andy wrote:

>>> How about a demo with a URL that you have tested and are satisfied with?

> http://www.microbuild.com/test/table_bg.html

Same effect in IE6, IE7, and FF3:
http://locusmeus.com/temp/stretch.jpg

Your method will only work as long as the content is never higher than
the set height of the table cell.

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/

Andy

"Els" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:171ubr8v0pqi6$.2pqa9i85d98r$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Andy wrote:

>> http://www.microbuild.com/test/table_bg.html

> Same effect in IE6, IE7, and FF3:
> http://locusmeus.com/temp/stretch.jpg
>
> Your method will only work as long as the content is never higher than
> the set height of the table cell.
>
> --
> Els http://locusmeus.com/

Oh don't worry about that, I have a far more elegant version on my own site
that does way more stuff Consider this a "freebie" to help the OP out.

Andy

Els

Andy wrote:

> "Els" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:171ubr8v0pqi6$.2pqa9i85d98r$(E-Mail Removed).. .

>>> http://www.microbuild.com/test/table_bg.html

>> Same effect in IE6, IE7, and FF3:
>> http://locusmeus.com/temp/stretch.jpg
>>
>> Your method will only work as long as the content is never higher than
>> the set height of the table cell.

> Oh don't worry about that, I have a far more elegant version on my own site
> that does way more stuff Consider this a "freebie" to help the OP out.

I'll believe it when I see it

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/

Andy

"Els" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1nryoykj8nw22.1j1fh3sqv3p9x$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Andy wrote:
>
>> "Els" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:171ubr8v0pqi6$.2pqa9i85d98r$(E-Mail Removed).. .

>>> Same effect in IE6, IE7, and FF3:
>>> http://locusmeus.com/temp/stretch.jpg
>>>
>>> Your method will only work as long as the content is never higher than
>>> the set height of the table cell.

>> Oh don't worry about that, I have a far more elegant version on my own
>> site
>> that does way more stuff Consider this a "freebie" to help the OP out.

> I'll believe it when I see it
>
> --
> Els http://locusmeus.com/

http://www.microbuild.com/microbuild...08%20page.html

Love & Kisses

Andy

Bergamot

Andy wrote:
> "Els" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:171ubr8v0pqi6$.2pqa9i85d98r$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Andy wrote:
>>>
>>> http://www.microbuild.com/test/table_bg.html

>> Your method will only work as long as the content is never higher than
>> the set height of the table cell.

> Oh don't worry about that, I have a far more elegant version on my own site
> that does way more stuff

Care to show us?

> Consider this a "freebie" to help the OP out.

http://www.bergamotus.ws/screenshots/microbuild.png

I don't see how that will help the OP.

--
Berg

Els

Andy wrote:

> "Els" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:1nryoykj8nw22.1j1fh3sqv3p9x$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Andy wrote:
>>
>>> "Els" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:171ubr8v0pqi6$.2pqa9i85d98r$(E-Mail Removed).. .

>>> Oh don't worry about that, I have a far more elegant version on my own
>>> site
>>> that does way more stuff Consider this a "freebie" to help the OP out.

>> I'll believe it when I see it

> http://www.microbuild.com/microbuild...08%20page.html

The only table cell there with a stretched image that I can find, has
no text in it, is a fixed height and width, so basically doesn't need
a stretched image. Am I missing something?
Oh, and just bump up the font a couple of clicks, see what that does.

As far as I can see, the OP wanted to stretch an image in a table
cell, because he does not know the size of the cell - that's why it
needs to stretch with the cell. Your example doesn't do that I think?

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/

dorayme

In article <15lfm8n2kfnkr$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Els <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Andy wrote:
>
> > http://www.microbuild.com/microbuild...08%20page.html

> As far as I can see, the OP wanted to stretch an image in a table
> cell, because he does not know the size of the cell - that's why it
> needs to stretch with the cell. Your example doesn't do that I think?

Be careful Els, he blew you kisses but has mentioned grandmas...
remember the wolf in Little Red Riding Hood? And has bared those teeth
with his "here's a link to a demo for all the trolls/haters/doubters...".

Andy originally showed some mark up which did not seem to be anywhere
near the "good news" he claimed. I am now wondering what the sausage
casserole he said he had in the oven was like. Recipe please, Andy.

--
dorayme

Bergamot

Andy wrote:

> http://www.microbuild.com/microbuild...08%20page.html

I see nothing but a blue background. Can't say it's very impressive. :-\

--
Berg

rf

Andy wrote:

> http://www.microbuild.com/microbuild...08%20page.html

http://www.microbuild.com/

One (yes one) single increase in user font size and this site totally falls
apart.

Andy

"Bergamot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Andy wrote:
>> "Els" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:171ubr8v0pqi6$.2pqa9i85d98r$(E-Mail Removed).. .

>>> Your method will only work as long as the content is never higher than
>>> the set height of the table cell.

>> Oh don't worry about that, I have a far more elegant version on my own
>> site that does way more stuff

> Care to show us?
>
>> Consider this a "freebie" to help the OP out.

> http://www.bergamotus.ws/screenshots/microbuild.png
>
> I don't see how that will help the OP.
>
> --
> Berg

Listen Guys & Gals,

I'm aware that the rough code I submitted doesn't stand up to your exacting
standards, it was only a rushed example of how the OP's request could be
done. All I wanted to do was to show her that what others were telling her
was impossible to do was in fact accomplishable. I didn't want to do the
whole job for her as part of the learning process is to discover the
solutions for yourself so I just wanted to show her one possible road to a
solution... nothing more.

Clam down brothers and sisters, we're all the same species

Andy