Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: recording subtitles off teletext with tv cards

Re: recording subtitles off teletext with tv cards

Richard

Puddle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am interested in setting up a media player, one of the things I would
> like to be able to do is set a time to record a program but have it also
> record the teletext subtitles. Anyone know of a pci card or usb
> solution with software that will allow this? Would be nice if the
> subtitles were saved in a separate file so that they aren't hard
> embedded into the video file also.

gbpvr can do that it appears - I have ended up with .srt files in the
same folder as the .ts file in the past.

Check on geekzone since there are many users of it there, HD requires a
grunty machine to playback but SD off satillite should be fine on any
dinosaur since its just SD MPEG2 like a dvd.