Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Computer wont enter hibernate when using DirectX screen savers

Re: Computer wont enter hibernate when using DirectX screen savers

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Jill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Just did a clean install of WinXP SP3 on my computer.
>
>When running DirectX screen savers the computer will not enter hibernate.
>If I use a non DirectX screen saver it will.
>
>I know this was a problem pre SP2 but thought that it was addressed in SP2.
>Can it be fixed?

Forget about it.

It's most likely your Video Card in the first place.
--

Sometimes a heavy weight women is good to find
http://tinyurl.com/8b46c7

The Real Truth MVP

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306676

"Jill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> nope, hibernate works fine from the hibernate option
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Jill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >Just did a clean install of WinXP SP3 on my computer.
>> >
>> >When running DirectX screen savers the computer will not enter
>> >hibernate.
>> >If I use a non DirectX screen saver it will.
>> >
>> >I know this was a problem pre SP2 but thought that it was addressed in

> SP2.
>> >Can it be fixed?

>> Forget about it.
>>
>> It's most likely your Video Card in the first place.
>> --
>>
>> Sometimes a heavy weight women is good to find
>> http://tinyurl.com/8b46c7

The Real Truth MVP

There is also a link to download the patch directly

"Jill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...

> This article says that you can obtain the latest SP to fix the problem
> (and
> is dated 2002 - SP1)
> so clearly it should be fixed in SP3
>
> "The Real Truth MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:U7c9l.17135$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306676
>>

>> --
>> The Real Truth http://pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com/
>>

>> "Jill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
>> > nope, hibernate works fine from the hibernate option
>> >
>> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news(E-Mail Removed)...

>> > SP2.

Clogwog

"Jill" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
>I did but it wont install on Sp3. says my OS is newer.

You probably are infected by a virus.
The Real Truth MVP AKA "pcbutts1 [MS MVP]" AKA Chris Butts is a known
software pirate.
He is NOT a MS MVP, he's a forger.
http://www.mvps.org/links.html
http://www.viruslist.com/en/weblog?weblogid=197597102
In fact Chris Butts is blocked by *real* MVP's
PCbutts1 is a parasite!, Pcbutt-head is almost banned from the internet.
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
<Blocking Unwanted Parasites with a Hosts File>
<Now includes most major parasites , hijackers and unwanted
Adware/Spyware programs!>
127.0.0.1 pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com
127.0.0.1 www.pcbutts1.com #[Unauthorized
Downloads][SiteAdvisor.pcbutts1.com]
127.0.0.1 leythosthestalker.com
127.0.0.1 www.leythosthestalker.com
PCbutts1 is responsible for exposing filthy and abusive websites to little
children on the web, without any warning.
PCbutts1 is very proud about this:
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/licenses.htm

Re: Computer wont enter hibernate when using DirectX screen savers chuckcar Computer Support 2 01-08-2009 04:12 AM
Re: Computer wont enter hibernate when using DirectX screen savers Verile Atheron Computer Support 5 01-08-2009 12:00 AM
Processing Screen Savers Craig Richmond Computer Support 1 06-11-2004 06:17 PM
screen savers codger Computer Support 1 03-07-2004 04:39 AM
Re: Need Info On Screen Savers paul s Computer Support 4 08-01-2003 01:50 PM

Advertisments