Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Voipfone registers every 60 secs?

Voipfone registers every 60 secs?

Harry Broomhall

On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 10:18:17 +0000, "www.GymRatZ.co.uk"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Harry Broomhall wrote:
>>
>> The *outgoing* refresh can be changed on the Gigaset.
>>
>> Settings->Telephony->Connections
>>
>> Select Edit for the connection you want to change, then Show
>> Advanced Settings. You will see boxes for Registration refresh, the
>> NAT refresh and the STUN refresh times.
>>
>> I know from trying it that if you set the NAT refresh to 0 then no
>> NAT refresh is done at all.

>Oh yes.
>Thanks Harry.
>:¬)
>Just found it.
>If DHCP address of ATA is static and bound by MAC address and IP address
> is static would there be any need for NAT refresh?

It depends. If that IP address is on a private range, and your
router does NAT, then yes, you will need NAT refresh.

The point of the NAT refresh is that NAT devices keep a 'live' table
of connections in memory. If that connection isn't used for a bit
then the NAT device will delete the entry from the table. The refresh
is to stop that happening.

Regards,
Harry.

Explorer.exe error report every time access every type of video me =?Utf-8?B?SXJ3YW5zeWFo?= ASP .Net 4 10-30-2007 07:49 AM
Voipfone dies every morning news UK VOIP 23 01-20-2006 07:57 PM
confusion when resetting registers martin f. krafft VHDL 2 08-19-2004 06:29 AM
write only bits in registers MM VHDL 3 07-28-2004 02:30 PM
About Latches and Registers was (When do I always put a "else NULL"statement in my VHDL code?) Ingmar Seifert VHDL 0 09-14-2003 07:57 PM

Advertisments