Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > whether Vista Exam valid after windows 7 release ???

Reply
Thread Tools

whether Vista Exam valid after windows 7 release ???

 
 
DineshMoorthy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-07-2009
I'm planning to take vista 70-620, but need to know whether is it good to do
the Exam now or need to wait still windows 7 editon and take windows 7 exam???
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
CyberTech
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-09-2009
Seeing that the Windows XP exams are still running and still valid, even
though Vista has been out for a while now, you can assume that Vista
certifications will be valid for a few years after Windows 7 is finally
released.

"DineshMoorthy" wrote:

> I'm planning to take vista 70-620, but need to know whether is it good to do
> the Exam now or need to wait still windows 7 editon and take windows 7 exam???

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-10-2009
"CyberTech" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Seeing that the Windows XP exams are still running and still valid, even
> though Vista has been out for a while now, you can assume that Vista
> certifications will be valid for a few years after Windows 7 is finally
> released.


No, actually , you cannot assume based on that logic, though it happens to
be a reasonably accurate statement -- if you consider 2.5 years to be "a few
years".

The policies concerning retirement of MCP exams (including the Windows XP
exams) are not well published, if they actually exist. When the Training
group elects to retire the WinXP MCP exams is at their discretion.

The =MCTS= exams, however, came with an entirely new philosophy and policy
concerning the exams and the certifications earned from the exams. The new
MCTS exams are designed such that the certification earned will expire at
the end of Mainstream Support for the product upon which the exam/cert were
earned.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...e/default.mspx

Thus, it's a no brainer to figure out that if the *cert* expires at the end
of Mainstream Support, the exams won't be available either.

Therefore, based on the announced end of Mainstream Support for Windows
Vista (4/10/2012), you can reasonably assume that exams 70-620, et.al. will
not be available after 4/10/2012. The release date of Windows 7 really has
nothing to do with this.



--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP(x2), MCTS(x5), MCP(x7), MCBMSP
Principal/CTO, Onsite Technology Solutions, Houston, Texas
Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2009)

MS WSUS Website: http://www.microsoft.com/wsus
My Websites: http://www.onsitechsolutions.com;
http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com
My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pro...awrence.Garvin

 
Reply With Quote
 
CyberTech
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-10-2009
Read it how you will...you just said that same thing I said, but you used
more words. at least we agree.
--
Andrew Casselman, MCTS, MCSA, MCDTS, MCP, MOS


"Lawrence Garvin (MVP)" wrote:

> "CyberTech" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Seeing that the Windows XP exams are still running and still valid, even
> > though Vista has been out for a while now, you can assume that Vista
> > certifications will be valid for a few years after Windows 7 is finally
> > released.

>
> No, actually , you cannot assume based on that logic, though it happens to
> be a reasonably accurate statement -- if you consider 2.5 years to be "a few
> years".
>
> The policies concerning retirement of MCP exams (including the Windows XP
> exams) are not well published, if they actually exist. When the Training
> group elects to retire the WinXP MCP exams is at their discretion.
>
> The =MCTS= exams, however, came with an entirely new philosophy and policy
> concerning the exams and the certifications earned from the exams. The new
> MCTS exams are designed such that the certification earned will expire at
> the end of Mainstream Support for the product upon which the exam/cert were
> earned.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...e/default.mspx
>
> Thus, it's a no brainer to figure out that if the *cert* expires at the end
> of Mainstream Support, the exams won't be available either.
>
> Therefore, based on the announced end of Mainstream Support for Windows
> Vista (4/10/2012), you can reasonably assume that exams 70-620, et.al. will
> not be available after 4/10/2012. The release date of Windows 7 really has
> nothing to do with this.
>
>
>
> --
> Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP(x2), MCTS(x5), MCP(x7), MCBMSP
> Principal/CTO, Onsite Technology Solutions, Houston, Texas
> Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2009)
>
> MS WSUS Website: http://www.microsoft.com/wsus
> My Websites: http://www.onsitechsolutions.com;
> http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com
> My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pro...awrence.Garvin
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-13-2009
"CyberTech" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Read it how you will...you just said that same thing I said, but you used
> more words. at least we agree.


Not to be pedantic.. or incite an argument.. but I suppose this is doing
both..

Your point was that one could assume Vista certs would still be availble
based on upon the release date of Windows 7.
You suggested that the exams would still be available for "a few years"
based upon the release date of Windows 7.
Your statement is a supposition based on previous (irrelevant) behaviors of
Microsoft with regard to legacy MCP exams.

My point is that the availablility of Vista certs has absolutely nothing to
do with the release date of Windows 7.
I pointed out definitively that the exams will not be available after April,
2012 irregardless of what happens with Windows 7.
My statement is factual based on published policy relevant to the current
testing methodologies with regard to current MCTS exams.


--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP(x2), MCTS(x5), MCP(x7), MCBMSP
Principal/CTO, Onsite Technology Solutions, Houston, Texas
Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2009)

MS WSUS Website: http://www.microsoft.com/wsus
My Websites: http://www.onsitechsolutions.com;
http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com
My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pro...awrence.Garvin

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola MCSE 4 11-15-2006 02:40 AM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola Microsoft Certification 3 11-14-2006 05:18 PM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola MCSD 3 11-14-2006 05:18 PM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola MCAD 3 11-14-2006 05:18 PM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd realexxams@yahoo.com Microsoft Certification 0 05-10-2006 02:35 PM



Advertisments