Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > need to move files to ftp

need to move files to ftp

yuvalbra

i used the command "mput filename*.txt"
all work fine but...
all files stay on my directory.
i need this issue:
if file was copy succesfuly then delete him (i need to move files to
FTP)

please help

why?

On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 07:39:48 -0800 (PST), yuvalbra wrote:

>i used the command "mput filename*.txt"
>all work fine but...
>all files stay on my directory.

That's correct. mput is a copy operation.

>i need this issue:
>if file was copy succesfuly then delete him (i need to move files to
>FTP)

basic ftp commandline will tell you if it's successful, but has no way
to delete the file after. You need some way to process a status code,
list of files maybe in a script. You may find some ftp clients have
macros / tools to do this.

>please help

please help by providing nore info next time, like OS, ftp client.

Me

John Holmes

yuvalbra "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> i used the command "mput filename*.txt"
> all work fine but...
> all files stay on my directory.
> i need this issue:
> if file was copy succesfuly then delete him (i need to move files to
> FTP)
>
> please help

A decent FTP client has the option to *move* a file. I can't see a reason
why you want a ftp command line to do what you want.

Results 21 - 30 of about 243,000 for ftp move command. (0.11 seconds)

--
<snip>