Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Re: Restoring corrupt Thunderbird files

Re: Restoring corrupt Thunderbird files

Bit Twister

On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 21:24:17 -0600, Keith Lee wrote:

> My Thunderbird files became corrupted so I reached for my last full
> backup. After restoring them to my thunderbird profile folder, I
> then discovered that while I can see my email folders, I cannot see
> the emails in them.

Never done a restore myself.
I would verify all restored directory/files uid/gid and permissions.

ls -al ~/.thunderbird/*/*/*

I wonder if file names with spaces in the names were saved/restored.

Bit Twister

On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 22:51:07 -0600, Keith Lee wrote:

> BT:
> Thanks. I managed to fix it.

Well what was the solution?

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Keith Lee wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 10:11:28 +0000, Bit Twister wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 22:51:07 -0600, Keith Lee wrote:
>>> BT:
>>> Thanks. I managed to fix it.
>>>

>> Well what was the solution?

> BT:
> I had a proper backup from Sunday; so, I booted to my Windows partition and restored my files to a Fat32
> partition. I then moved them to a new ext3 Linux partition where they will stay from now on.
>
> Keith

next time, try deleting the *.msf files first and see
if that works.

help!!!!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm