Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > OT: Killfile nomenclature

OT: Killfile nomenclature

Keith Thompson

I believe it's important to name your killfiles in such a way that
you can easily determine their purpose.

I prefer the following naming scheme:

newsgroup-version#

For example,

comp.lang.c-4

That tells me the killfile is for comp.lang.c and that it's
version 4. I use a version number scheme that starts with 0,
though 1 is another acceptable choice.

Look after your killfiles, and they'll look after you.

Nokia

Richard

> I believe it's important to name your killfiles in such a way that
> you can easily determine their purpose.
>
> I prefer the following naming scheme:
>
> newsgroup-version#
>
> For example,
>
> comp.lang.c-4
>
> That tells me the killfile is for comp.lang.c and that it's
> version 4. I use a version number scheme that starts with 0,
> though 1 is another acceptable choice.
>
> Look after your killfiles, and they'll look after you.

While forging Keith, you forgot something along the lines of

"And I can not stress this enough People".

But, a jokes a joke and can go to far ....

--
I'm not a person who particularly had heros when growing up.
- Dennis Ritchie when asked about the hero worship coming from c.l.c

CBFalconer

Keith Thompson wrote:

> I believe it's important to name your killfiles in such a way that
> you can easily determine their purpose.
>
> I prefer the following naming scheme:
>
> newsgroup-version#
>
> For example,
>
> comp.lang.c-4
>
> That tells me the killfile is for comp.lang.c and that it's
> version 4. I use a version number scheme that starts with 0,
> though 1 is another acceptable choice.
>
> Look after your killfiles, and they'll look after you.

This is another originator-name forgery. At least so far Han is
limiting them to fairly reasonable messages.

Try the download section.