Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Receiving other peoples E-mail? Probably spam

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: Receiving other peoples E-mail? Probably spam

 
 
D@Z
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-04-2009


<snip>.

That Dear Felix line is like the To of a spam.
Mike Easter


Hi Mike I get a lot of similar emails but don't have a cat called
Felix....how you explain that one then?

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
hwf
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-04-2009
D@Z wrote:
>
>
> <snip>.
>
> That Dear Felix line is like the To of a spam.
> Mike Easter
>
>
> Hi Mike I get a lot of similar emails but don't have a cat called
> Felix....how you explain that one then?


Your cat uses an alias, duh.

HTH
HAND
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
D@Z
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-05-2009

> Your cat uses an alias, duh.



maybe I should have stressed I dont have a cat at all and simply not one
called felix

 
Reply With Quote
 
Aardvark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-05-2009
On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 16:59:29 -0700, §ñühw¤£f wrote:

> Your cat uses an alias,



We have a cat that's about eight months old. We've never given it a name.
It's a waste of time naming cats- you could call their name until you're
blue in the ****ing face and the ****ers'll only come to you if and when
THEY feel like it. Unlike dogs.

I think I might call it Incognito. Or Nomen Nescio or something. That's
not really like giving it a name.

Is it?????


--
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YXTN3h-b9nU
 
Reply With Quote
 
Dick Bedford
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-05-2009
Aardvark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Ssr8l.28056$(E-Mail Removed)2:

> On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 16:59:29 -0700, hwf wrote:
>
>> Your cat uses an alias,

>
>
> We have a cat that's about eight months old. We've never given it a
> name. It's a waste of time naming cats- you could call their name
> until you're blue in the ****ing face and the ****ers'll only come to
> you if and when THEY feel like it. Unlike dogs.
>
> I think I might call it Incognito. Or Nomen Nescio or something.
> That's not really like giving it a name.
>
> Is it?????


Call the moggy b'st'd '**** off', then it'll wonder where it's next meal's
coming from - b'st'd things!

I used to breed German Sheperds and named one of them 'Here' - well you can
imagine he was the most confused ****er on earth when I finished with him.
He was the biggest (12st) b'st'd of his kind I'd ever seen, and seen since -
he was a good lad!
 
Reply With Quote
 
Mara
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-05-2009

On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 17:30:26 GMT, Aardvark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 16:59:29 -0700, hwf wrote:
>
>> Your cat uses an alias,

>
>
>We have a cat that's about eight months old. We've never given it a name.
>It's a waste of time naming cats- you could call their name until you're
>blue in the ****ing face and the ****ers'll only come to you if and when
>THEY feel like it. Unlike dogs.


Mine come when they're called, and they each respond to their own name. In fact,
they act more "dog-like" than my dogs do. And you can sit a plate of human food
in front of them and they won't touch it. They've been trained not to. It wasn't
all that difficult.

>I think I might call it Incognito. Or Nomen Nescio or something. That's
>not really like giving it a name.
>
>Is it?????


--
Goodbye, Army, dear old Army of the Potomac. Tattered and torn,
you are crowned with the victor's laurels at last.
-- Elisha Hunt Rhodes, Col. 2nd R. I., July 15, 1865
 
Reply With Quote
 
Wes Boswell
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-05-2009
Mara <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 17:30:26 GMT, Aardvark <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 16:59:29 -0700, hwf wrote:
>>
>>> Your cat uses an alias,

>>
>>
>> We have a cat that's about eight months old. We've never given it a
>> name. It's a waste of time naming cats- you could call their name
>> until you're blue in the ****ing face and the ****ers'll only come
>> to you if and when THEY feel like it. Unlike dogs.

>
> Mine come when they're called, and they each respond to their own
> name. In fact, they act more "dog-like" than my dogs do. And you can
> sit a plate of human food in front of them and they won't touch it.
> They've been trained not to. It wasn't all that difficult.
>
>> I think I might call it Incognito. Or Nomen Nescio or something.
>> That's not really like giving it a name.
>>
>> Is it?????


Shut it, Mary!
 
Reply With Quote
 
Aardvark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-06-2009
On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 17:31:39 -0600, Mara wrote:

>>We have a cat that's about eight months old. We've never given it a
>>name. It's a waste of time naming cats- you could call their name until
>>you're blue in the ****ing face and the ****ers'll only come to you if
>>and when THEY feel like it. Unlike dogs.

>
> Mine come when they're called, and they each respond to their own name.
> In fact, they act more "dog-like" than my dogs do. And you can sit a
> plate of human food in front of them and they won't touch it. They've
> been trained not to. It wasn't all that difficult.


Neither myself nor SWMBO want the damned creature. One night way back in
July at about 3 in the morning we heard a-screeching and a-mewling from
the back garden right under the bedroom window. When I went out to
investigate I discovered a little ball of fluff hiding in the six inch
gap between the garden shed and the fence, crying its eyes out.

The little ****er wouldn't come out of its hidey-hole so I left it a
saucer of mashed-up dog food and went back to bed. the next day the food
was gone and it was back behind the shed. Eventually when my teenage lad
got home from school he somehow managed to get in and grab the kitten.

Its fur was matted all over and full of all sorts of **** (yes, real
****) and it stunk to the high heavens. It also had some lacerations on
its legs and back- I think perhaps it had been attacked by a fox but had
somehow escaped and managed to get into our garden- no mean feat as we
used to have rabbits and I had sealed every gap in the fence.

I don't think it was even six weeks old when it showed up in the garden.

Anyway it took up residence in the house, usually hidden away in the
darkest corner it could find and would only appear, tentatively, to eat
the food we left out on the kitchen floor. A real scaredy-cat .
Obviously traumatised. We phoned the Cat's Protection League and they
told us they'd come to collect it for re-homing as soon as they could.

Within a week, it was bullying our King Charles spaniel and forever
trying to suckle from him (a highly optimistic cat, I think). We bought a
cat litter tray and cat food and stuff, thinking it would only be a
temporary situation.

So, after three months, we wondered where the hell the Cat's Protection
people were and phoned them again. The bastards had no record of our
original call and were totally unaware that we wanted rid of the cat! In
all that time the cat had become very comfortable in our home and Rolo
the spaniel was its best friend. They sleep together every night (well,
the cat will curl up and go to sleep on Rolo's head) and they've invented
this chasing game all round the house which actually appears to have
rules by which the game is played, each animal taking turns at being the
chaser and the chased.

The cat refuses to leave the house, except occasionally sitting just
outside the back door. A few times we've accidentally closed the door
while it was outside and within seconds it would be scrabbling at the
door and hanging off the windowsill staring in the window with (I swear)
a look of panic in its eyes, crying. It won't even go outside to crap,
still insisting on using the (now far too small) litter tray just inside
the back door.

Still no word from the CPL to tell us they're coming to collect, but the
cat being here is still only considered by myself and SWMBO a temporary
measure, even after all this time, and therefore the cat has no name.
Neither of us would shed any tears if the CPL DID finally show up and
take the cat away although the kids might be a little upset.

As I've typed this post, the dog and cat have been playing that damned
game of theirs through every room in the house, upstairs, downstairs, in
my lady's chamber, distracting me, driving me nuts and entertaining me in
equal measure



--
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YXTN3h-b9nU
 
Reply With Quote
 
Mara
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-06-2009

On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 12:41:15 GMT, Aardvark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

<snip>
>Neither myself nor SWMBO want the damned creature. One night way back in
>July at about 3 in the morning we heard a-screeching and a-mewling from
>the back garden right under the bedroom window. When I went out to
>investigate I discovered a little ball of fluff hiding in the six inch
>gap between the garden shed and the fence, crying its eyes out.


My latest addition came from the storm drain across the street. A 91-year-old
man climbed down there and rescued her because it was about to rain and she'd
drown. In fact we got 3" about 1 1/2 hours later, and she was only about 3-4
weeks old, so she wouldn't have made it.

>The little ****er wouldn't come out of its hidey-hole so I left it a
>saucer of mashed-up dog food and went back to bed. the next day the food
>was gone and it was back behind the shed. Eventually when my teenage lad
>got home from school he somehow managed to get in and grab the kitten.
>
>Its fur was matted all over and full of all sorts of **** (yes, real
>****) and it stunk to the high heavens. It also had some lacerations on
>its legs and back- I think perhaps it had been attacked by a fox but had
>somehow escaped and managed to get into our garden- no mean feat as we
>used to have rabbits and I had sealed every gap in the fence.


I've had some basket cases in my time. Most of mine are here because they're not
rehomeable and would be killed if they weren't.

>I don't think it was even six weeks old when it showed up in the garden.


That's still pretty small. Too young to test for FeLV, at any rate.

>Anyway it took up residence in the house, usually hidden away in the
>darkest corner it could find and would only appear, tentatively, to eat
>the food we left out on the kitchen floor. A real scaredy-cat .


I have one whose first action as a kitten was to try to bite and claw me (he's
gone the other way entirely now.) And one that literally tried to climb the
basement walls to escape. And one that *did* bite me, to the bone, two days
after he'd had his rabies shot, so I had to do the whole quarantine thing. He
doesn't bite anymore - he just had to learn how to react to people.
Unfortunately he's slowly dying of a pituitary tumor. <sigh>

>Obviously traumatised. We phoned the Cat's Protection League and they
>told us they'd come to collect it for re-homing as soon as they could.
>
>Within a week, it was bullying our King Charles spaniel and forever
>trying to suckle from him (a highly optimistic cat, I think). We bought a
>cat litter tray and cat food and stuff, thinking it would only be a
>temporary situation.


It *is* temporary, in a way. They lead short lives compared to ours.

>So, after three months, we wondered where the hell the Cat's Protection
>people were and phoned them again. The bastards had no record of our
>original call and were totally unaware that we wanted rid of the cat! In
>all that time the cat had become very comfortable in our home and Rolo
>the spaniel was its best friend. They sleep together every night (well,
>the cat will curl up and go to sleep on Rolo's head) and they've invented
>this chasing game all round the house which actually appears to have
>rules by which the game is played, each animal taking turns at being the
>chaser and the chased.
>
>The cat refuses to leave the house, except occasionally sitting just
>outside the back door. A few times we've accidentally closed the door
>while it was outside and within seconds it would be scrabbling at the
>door and hanging off the windowsill staring in the window with (I swear)
>a look of panic in its eyes, crying. It won't even go outside to crap,
>still insisting on using the (now far too small) litter tray just inside
>the back door.


None of mine are allowed outside and they don't want to go anyway. Why should
they? This is Feline Nirvana here.

>Still no word from the CPL to tell us they're coming to collect, but the
>cat being here is still only considered by myself and SWMBO a temporary
>measure, even after all this time, and therefore the cat has no name.
>Neither of us would shed any tears if the CPL DID finally show up and
>take the cat away although the kids might be a little upset.


I love each and every one of mine, even if they do drive me crazy at times. I
much prefer their company over most people I know. I expect that's because I
know a lot of people that I really don't want to, if you know what I mean.

>As I've typed this post, the dog and cat have been playing that damned
>game of theirs through every room in the house, upstairs, downstairs, in
>my lady's chamber, distracting me, driving me nuts and entertaining me in
>equal measure


We have lots of free-for-alls here, and I have a big house so it can involve
extensive room. Fortunately it's all play - it's really quite unusual to have 8
cats and two dogs who all get along very well. And they do indeed. The cats
think they're dogs, and the dogs are convinced they're cats, so it all works
out.

--
Goodbye, Army, dear old Army of the Potomac. Tattered and torn,
you are crowned with the victor's laurels at last.
-- Elisha Hunt Rhodes, Col. 2nd R. I., July 15, 1865
 
Reply With Quote
 
hwf
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-06-2009
D@Z wrote:
>
>> Your cat uses an alias, duh.

>
>
> maybe I should have stressed I dont have a cat at all and simply not one
> called felix


Its in another demension...

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: Receiving other peoples E-mail? Probably spam chuckcar Computer Support 1 01-04-2009 11:06 PM
"MCNGP" A spam ! Be ware peoples !!!!! =?Utf-8?B?QW1leSBBYmh5YW5rYXIu?= MCSE 26 04-06-2005 05:31 PM



Advertisments