Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Going back to the top of the page

Going back to the top of the page

Adrian

In this code
some code....

How do I deal with the "back" to go to a new .html or to the top of the
form?
Is the code above ok?

Thanks,
Adrian

Adrian

I have found out how it works. Many thanks.
Adrian.

"Adrian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:49610c64$0$24415$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In this code
> some code....
>
> How do I deal with the "back" to go to a new .html or to the top of the
> form?
> Is the code above ok?
>
> Thanks,
> Adrian

Jukka K. Korpela

Adrian wrote:

> I have found out how it works. Many thanks.

Find. It's an illusion and the whole goal was pointless, but it's good that
you can solve your problems outside this group (and don't wish to share your
assumed solution with others that might have had the same problem).

As usual, I urge you to use the same forged From information as long as you
remain clueless. TIA.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

Jani

On 4 Jan., 21:12, "Jukka K. Korpela" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Adrian wrote:
> > I have found out how it works. Many thanks.

> Find. It's an illusion and the whole goal was pointless, but it's good that
> you can solve your problems outside this group (and don't wish to share your
> assumed solution with others that might have had the same problem).
>
> As usual, I urge you to use the same forged From information as long as you
> remain clueless. TIA.
>
> --
> Yucca,http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

<a style="position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0;" id="top" name="top"></
a>

.... so the 'style' attribute is not good behaviour?
Better is an external style sheet?
And what refers '#top' to? To the 'id' or to the 'name'?

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
Jani <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On 4 Jan., 21:12, "Jukka K. Korpela" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Adrian wrote:
> > > I have found out how it works. Many thanks.

> > Find. It's an illusion and the whole goal was pointless, but it's good that
> > you can solve your problems outside this group (and don't wish to share your
> > assumed solution with others that might have had the same problem).
> >
> > As usual, I urge you to use the same forged From information as long as you
> > remain clueless. TIA.
> >
> > --
> > Yucca,http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

> <a style="position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0;" id="top" name="top"></
> a>
>
> ... so the 'style' attribute is not good behaviour?
> Better is an external style sheet?
> And what refers '#top' to? To the 'id' or to the 'name'?

Usually, it is better to forget about the whole idea of providing
facilities which your browser and keyboard already provide.

--
dorayme

Chris F.A. Johnson

On 2009-01-04, dorayme wrote:
> In article
><(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Jani <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> > Find. It's an illusion and the whole goal was pointless, but it's good that
>> > you can solve your problems outside this group (and don't wish to share your
>> > assumed solution with others that might have had the same problem).
>> >
>> > As usual, I urge you to use the same forged From information as long as you
>> > remain clueless. TIA.

>> <a style="position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0;" id="top" name="top"></
>> a>
>>
>> ... so the 'style' attribute is not good behaviour?
>> Better is an external style sheet?
>> And what refers '#top' to? To the 'id' or to the 'name'?

> Usually, it is better to forget about the whole idea of providing
> facilities which your browser and keyboard already provide.

I don't know of a browser that has a top-of-page button.

Author:

dorayme

In article <9376$4961752e$cef88ba3$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Chris F.A. Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On 2009-01-04, dorayme wrote:
> > In article
> ><(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > Jani <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> <a style="position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0;" id="top" name="top"></
> >> a>
> >>
> >> ... so the 'style' attribute is not good behaviour?
> >> Better is an external style sheet?
> >> And what refers '#top' to? To the 'id' or to the 'name'?

> > Usually, it is better to forget about the whole idea of providing
> > facilities which your browser and keyboard already provide.

> I don't know of a browser that has a top-of-page button.

All my browsers seem to conform to my words (which did not mention
buttons).

--
dorayme

Jonathan N. Little

Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:

> I don't know of a browser that has a top-of-page button.

Does need one, just hit "home" on your keyboard.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

rf

"Chris F.A. Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9376$4961752e$cef88ba3$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 2009-01-04, dorayme wrote:
>> In article
>><(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> Jani <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> <a style="position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0;" id="top" name="top"></
>>> a>
>>>
>>> ... so the 'style' attribute is not good behaviour?
>>> Better is an external style sheet?
>>> And what refers '#top' to? To the 'id' or to the 'name'?

>> Usually, it is better to forget about the whole idea of providing
>> facilities which your browser and keyboard already provide.

> I don't know of a browser that has a top-of-page button.

I don't know of one that does not. It's usually called the Home key, over
there ---> under the 7 (on a PC anyway).

Chris F.A. Johnson

On 2009-01-05, rf wrote:

> "Chris F.A. Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:9376$4961752e$cef88ba3$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On 2009-01-04, dorayme wrote:
>>> In article
>>><(E-Mail Removed)>,

>>> Usually, it is better to forget about the whole idea of providing
>>> facilities which your browser and keyboard already provide.

>> I don't know of a browser that has a top-of-page button.

> I don't know of one that does not. It's usually called the Home key, over
> there ---> under the 7 (on a PC anyway).

And how do you use it with the mouse?

The point of having a top-of-page button is for ease of use, so
that the person using a mouse doesn't have to switch to the
keyboard.

Author: