Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Override Link Style for Hyperlinkcolumn class

Override Link Style for Hyperlinkcolumn class

SStory

I have a style sheet for my site. It has various classes in it.

It has <A: styles defined for all anchor tags.

I have a datagrid in ASP.NET with a stylesheet linked to the page.

It defines links a yellow which is what I normally won't but in this case I
want to override the link color and can't seem to do it.

I set the forecolor in itemstyle prop. But it doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Shane

SStory

guess no one knows huh.... This is a real bummer and I don't know how to
override it.

"SStory" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:O%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a style sheet for my site. It has various classes in it.
>
> It has <A: styles defined for all anchor tags.
>
> I have a datagrid in ASP.NET with a stylesheet linked to the page.
>
> It defines links a yellow which is what I normally won't but in this case

> want to override the link color and can't seem to do it.
>
> I set the forecolor in itemstyle prop. But it doesn't work.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Shane

SStory

More info on this problem:
Have a data grid--for simplicity's sake defined as follows.
just look at hyperlinkcolumn definition.

<asp:datagrid id="grid" runat="server" Width="680px"
CssClass="smallblacktext"
DataKeyField="jobid" AllowPaging="True" AutoGenerateColumns="False">
<asp:HyperLinkColumn DataNavigateUrlField="Email"
DataNavigateUrlFormatString="mailto:{0}" DataTextField="email"
HeaderText="Rep Email">
<ItemStyle ForeColor="Blue" Font-Names="Arial" ></ItemStyle>
</asp:HyperLinkColumn>
</asp:datagrid>

as you can see I am trying to override with forecolor="blue" because my grid
has a white background

styles.css contains this
and I want it that way for 80% of my pages; and I have other styles in there
that I want on all my pages. How can I override this for a HyperLinkColumn?
A:link {
text-decoration: none;
font-size: 8pt;
color: #ffff00;
}

A:visited {
text-decoration: none;
font-size: 8pt;
color: #ffda00;
}

A:active {
text-decoration: none;
font-size: 8pt;
color: #FFFF00;
}

A:hover {
text-decoration: underline;
font-size: 8pt;
color: #FFFFFF;
"SStory" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:O%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a style sheet for my site. It has various classes in it.
>
> It has <A: styles defined for all anchor tags.
>
> I have a datagrid in ASP.NET with a stylesheet linked to the page.
>
> It defines links a yellow which is what I normally won't but in this case

> want to override the link color and can't seem to do it.
>
> I set the forecolor in itemstyle prop. But it doesn't work.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Shane

SStory

For anyone interested....

the answer was given in the
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.datagridc ontrols group
on 11-29-2003 by David

Thanks anyhow.

Shane