Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > m3plugin.dll... Anyone?

m3plugin.dll... Anyone?

CB

Hello All

I'm sure someone can tell me why this comes up when I start up my
comuter. "program~1\Mywebs~1\bar\1.bin\m3plugin.dll"

Any links to help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

CB ~

Paul

CB wrote:
> Hello All
>
> I'm sure someone can tell me why this comes up when I start up my
> comuter. "program~1\Mywebs~1\bar\1.bin\m3plugin.dll"
>
> Any links to help would be greatly appreciated!!
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> CB ~

A quick search shows the usual "dance of the malware".

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t1229151701

"That's part of MyWebSearch malware"

The symptoms suggest a malware was half removed. If one
malware was present, there could be others still waiting
to be detected and cleaned up.

Paul

sandy58

On Jan 3, 6:09*pm, CB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello All
>
> I'm sure someone can tell me why this comes up when I start up my
> comuter. *"program~1\Mywebs~1\bar\1.bin\m3plugin.dll"
>
> Any links to help would be greatly appreciated!!
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> CB ~

http://www.threatexpert.com/files/M3PLUGIN.DLL.html
http://www.prevx.com/filenames/41148...39512EDLL.html

usangel1968 usangel1968 is offline
Junior Member

This is a simple solution I stumbled across, that worked for me.

Download and install "HijackThis"
Boot in safemode
Run HiJackThis
Checkbox the M3PLUGIN entry