Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Re: Newbie - Incoming OK no Outgoing

Re: Newbie - Incoming OK no Outgoing

Graham.

"Anti-Spam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 03 Jan 2009 13:28:25 GMT, Jono <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Anti-Spam presented the following explanation :
>>> Signed up with VOIPTalk and have a couple of numbers registered with
>>> them, I have credit on my account, assigned to my numbers, and I have
>>> a LinkSys SPA3102.
>>>
>>> People can use my VOIPTalk numbers to call me, and they work fine. But
>>> I cannot dial out, as soon as you press the first digit of a number on
>>> my handset, it comes back with, what I think is the american style
>>> engaged tone.
>>>
>>> Only settings I have changed from the default of the SPA3102 is the
>>> account settings, as specified in the VOIPTalk help guide on the
>>> SPA3102.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions please?

>>what's in your dialplan on the Line One tab?
>>
>>If you start with (xx.) as a dial plan, let's see if that helps..
>>

> At the moment it is the SPA3102 default which reads
> *x.x

That's invalid. The entire dial plan must be enclosed by brackets ()

> "Enable IP Dialing" is set at "no" at the moment if that is relevant

That's OK, it won't affect dialing numbers.
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%