Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Re: Newbie - Incoming OK no Outgoing

Re: Newbie - Incoming OK no Outgoing

Dave Saville

On Sat, 3 Jan 2009 12:26:40 UTC, Anti-Spam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Signed up with VOIPTalk and have a couple of numbers registered with
> them, I have credit on my account, assigned to my numbers, and I have
> a LinkSys SPA3102.
>
> People can use my VOIPTalk numbers to call me, and they work fine. But
> I cannot dial out, as soon as you press the first digit of a number on
> my handset, it comes back with, what I think is the american style
> engaged tone.
>
> Only settings I have changed from the default of the SPA3102 is the
> account settings, as specified in the VOIPTalk help guide on the
> SPA3102.
>
> Any suggestions please?

Do any of the 90* numbers work? VOIPTalk seems to need:

Proxy server address: voiptalk.org
Registrar server: voiptalk.org
Outbound proxy: nat.voiptalk.org
Outbound proxy port: 5065

ISTR that even though my setup, not an SPA, could cope without a NAT
proxy on other providers I needed to set it for VOIPTalk.

HTH
--
Regards
Dave Saville