Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > FF Bookmarks

FF Bookmarks

Past_it

Forgive me if this is old news, but I am having a heck of a time making
a new bookmark. Prior to all these "improvements" all you needed to do
was to click new folder, fill in a name, hit enter and it is done. Now I
don't know what to do. When I click new folder nothing happens the box
containing the words "new folder" remain. If I want to make a folder
containing all my favorite eateries, how to I do it? I have been using
FF for ages so I am no newbie (maybe old, but no newbie to FF).

This all changed just recently. If someone can tell me which version
changed this then I'll go back to that version if possible. This new
version may have a lot of bells and whistles that some like, but give me
the older version that I was used to and could use without bothering
everybody by asking something so inane as how to make a new folder to
add bookmarks to. This is only my opinion, but this new version of FF
simply bites.

Past_It Mike

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Past_it wrote:
> Forgive me if this is old news, but I am having a heck of a time making
> a new bookmark. Prior to all these "improvements" all you needed to do
> was to click new folder, fill in a name, hit enter and it is done. Now I
> don't know what to do. When I click new folder nothing happens the box
> containing the words "new folder" remain. If I want to make a folder
> containing all my favorite eateries, how to I do it? I have been using
> FF for ages so I am no newbie (maybe old, but no newbie to FF).
>
> This all changed just recently. If someone can tell me which version
> changed this then I'll go back to that version if possible. This new
> version may have a lot of bells and whistles that some like, but give me
> the older version that I was used to and could use without bothering
> everybody by asking something so inane as how to make a new folder to
> add bookmarks to. This is only my opinion, but this new version of FF
> simply bites.
>
> Past_It Mike

you asked this same question 24 hours ago, and someone
replied. Why don't you answer it there?

help!!!!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Past_it

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> Past_it wrote:
>> Forgive me if this is old news, but I am having a heck of a time
>> making a new bookmark. Prior to all these "improvements" all you
>> needed to do was to click new folder, fill in a name, hit enter and it
>> is done. Now I don't know what to do. When I click new folder nothing
>> happens the box containing the words "new folder" remain. If I want to
>> make a folder containing all my favorite eateries, how to I do it? I
>> have been using FF for ages so I am no newbie (maybe old, but no
>> newbie to FF).
>>
>> This all changed just recently. If someone can tell me which version
>> changed this then I'll go back to that version if possible. This new
>> version may have a lot of bells and whistles that some like, but give
>> me the older version that I was used to and could use without
>> bothering everybody by asking something so inane as how to make a new
>> folder to add bookmarks to. This is only my opinion, but this new
>> version of FF simply bites.
>>
>> Past_It Mike

> you asked this same question 24 hours ago, and someone replied. Why
> don't you answer it there?

I never saw my post nor an answer. That is why. Are you having a bad day
or you have nothing else better to do than flame me? Thanks for your help.

mozilla won't save bookmarks Adam Bailey Firefox 3 10-06-2003 02:27 AM
how to use ONE bookmarks.html for ALL moz installs? Oskar Wild Firefox 1 09-19-2003 03:38 PM
Bookmarks Dave Firefox 0 08-31-2003 07:39 PM
Newbie - Bookmarks from IE favorites Ted Doubtfire Firefox 1 07-24-2003 07:46 PM
Moving bookmarks zadok Firefox 0 07-07-2003 11:56 PM

Advertisments