Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Found a very interesting web design...

Found a very interesting web design...

iwach

http://www.thunderboltsproject.com/T...ts/videos.html

A lot of divs or rather layers with absolute positions.

Seems to be easy way to design a stable web page.

Any comments???

Pro or cons?

TIA

dorayme

In article
<495ed16a$0$22069$(E-Mail Removed)>,
iwach <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> http://www.thunderboltsproject.com/T...ts/videos.html
>
> A lot of divs or rather layers with absolute positions.
>
> Seems to be easy way to design a stable web page.
>
> Any comments???

Just one. See for yourself what happens when you adjust the text size on
your own computer a click or two up.

--
dorayme

Chris F.A. Johnson

On 2009-01-03, iwach wrote:
> http://www.thunderboltsproject.com/T...ts/videos.html
>
> A lot of divs or rather layers with absolute positions.
>
> Seems to be easy way to design a stable web page.
>
> Any comments???

It seems to be a good way *not* to design a web page:
<http://cfaj.freeshell.org/testing/thunderbolts.jpg>

Author:

iwach

Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
> On 2009-01-03, iwach wrote:
>> http://www.thunderboltsproject.com/T...ts/videos.html
>>
>> A lot of divs or rather layers with absolute positions.
>>
>> Seems to be easy way to design a stable web page.
>>
>> Any comments???

> It seems to be a good way *not* to design a web page:
> <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/testing/thunderbolts.jpg>

Ouch... Just seen in IE7. Sooooossssssllllllloooooowwwwwwww!

THANX!

Jeremy J Starcher

On Sat, 03 Jan 2009 11:46:02 +0900, iwach wrote:

> http://www.thunderboltsproject.com/T...ts/videos.html
>
> A lot of divs or rather layers with absolute positions.
>
> Seems to be easy way to design a stable web page.
>
> Any comments???
>
> Pro or cons?
>
> TIA

I just wandered over the page with Firefox's debugging tools.
I *love* how each and every link has its own class.

(BTW: Fx three seems to handle resizing the page quite well. I was
surprised.)

Bergamot

Jeremy J Starcher wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Jan 2009 11:46:02 +0900, iwach wrote:
>
>> http://www.thunderboltsproject.com/T...ts/videos.html

> (BTW: Fx three seems to handle resizing the page quite well. I was
> surprised.)

Not surprising at all if you are doing a page zoom, rather than text zoom.

--
Berg