Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Is Canon 5D (old version) a good price at Can $1800?

Is Canon 5D (old version) a good price at Can $1800?

aniramca@gmail.com

I just came back from a local electronic store and they sell a new
Canon 5D body for Can $1800 (approx. US $1500). Is this really a good
bargain? I thought this camera is around $3K? They said that it is
because the new model is coming out and there is only one left.

Pete D

"RichA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9B884B1BF163nonenowherecom@216.196.97.131. ..
> http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:7ca965e1-a897-4e30-8d47-
> (E-Mail Removed):
>
>> I just came back from a local electronic store and they sell a new
>> Canon 5D body for Can $1800 (approx. US $1500). Is this really a good
>> bargain? I thought this camera is around $3K? They said that it is
>> because the new model is coming out and there is only one left.
>>

> I'd suggest before making any purchases, you study up to some degree on
> what you are buying, because you are clearly confused as to current
> pricing
> on these expensive products, what they offer.

Umm, isn't that what he is doing?

Bob AZ

On Jan 2, 3:25�pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I just came back from a local electronic store and they sell a new
> Canon 5D body for Can $1800 (approx. US $1500). Is this really a good
> bargain? I thought this camera is around $3K? They said that it is
> because the new model is coming out and there is only one left.

This is a very good price as another has mentioned. And according to
my morning paper the Canadian dollar is worth more than the US dollar
so perhaps you have the pricing somewhat turned around.

A price quote from B&H at this minute is $2000.00 US. Plus shipping.
Bob AZ

aniramca@gmail.com

On Jan 3, 12:21*pm, Bob AZ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jan 2, 3:25 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > I just came back from a local electronic store and they sell a new
> > Canon 5D body for Can $1800 (approx. US $1500). Is this really a good
> > bargain? I thought this camera is around $3K? They said that it is
> > because the new model is coming out and there is only one left.

> This is a very good price as another has mentioned. *And according to
> my morning paper the Canadian dollar is worth more than the US dollar
> so perhaps you have the pricing somewhat turned around.
>
> A price quote from B&H at this minute is $2000.00 US. Plus shipping.
> Bob *AZ

I am sure that it is gone now for that price. The on-line site sells
it for Can $2100. It was the last one, although it was a brand new and
came in the box. They must have trying hard to get rid of it?