Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Please rate my photography skills

Please rate my photography skills

RiverMan

I would really like to know what everyone thinks about my skills as a
photographer... I really love photography but have no formal training.
I am really interested in what everyone thinks about them...

-=] RiverMan [=-

RiverMan

On Jan 1, 8:51 pm, RiverMan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I would really like to know what everyone thinks about my skills as a
> photographer... I really love photography but have no formal training.
> I am really interested in what everyone thinks about them...
>
> -=] RiverMan [=-

Opps.. forgot to add the link to the pics:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...d-1d059526d839

Please tell me where I need work or what I am doing that I should
change... or what I could do to take better pic's...

-=] RiverMan [=-

me@mine.net

On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 18:55:18 -0800 (PST), in rec.photo.digital RiverMan
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Jan 1, 8:51 pm, RiverMan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I would really like to know what everyone thinks about my skills as a
>> photographer... I really love photography but have no formal training.
>> I am really interested in what everyone thinks about them...
>>
>> -=] RiverMan [=-

>Opps.. forgot to add the link to the pics:
>
>http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...d-1d059526d839
>
>Please tell me where I need work or what I am doing that I should
>change... or what I could do to take better pic's...

The above link still doesn't take one to any photos.

tony cooper

On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 18:55:18 -0800 (PST), RiverMan
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Jan 1, 8:51 pm, RiverMan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I would really like to know what everyone thinks about my skills as a
>> photographer... I really love photography but have no formal training.
>> I am really interested in what everyone thinks about them...
>>
>> -=] RiverMan [=-

>Opps.. forgot to add the link to the pics:
>
>http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...d-1d059526d839
>
>Please tell me where I need work or what I am doing that I should
>change... or what I could do to take better pic's...

This is a link to MySpace. It requires registration or logging in.
No way am I going to a MySpace page.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

nospam

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, John Navas
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >I would really like to know what everyone thinks about my skills as a
> >photographer... I really love photography but have no formal training.
> >I am really interested in what everyone thinks about them...

> You've come to the wrong place. What you'll mostly get here is ranting
> and flaming. Try the DPReview Forums.

plenty of ranting and flaming over there too.

RiverMan

Sorry... don't know where to post pic's otherwise. I am very much into
picture taking... any suggestions? or try:

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> You've come to the wrong place. What you'll mostly get here is ranting
> >> and flaming. Try the DPReview Forums.

> >plenty of ranting and flaming over there too.

> Way less than here.

i don't know what forums you read over there but the signal/noise ratio
there is much worse than here (other than the p&s troll). there are
plenty of idiotic flames, generally fueled by rabid fanbois and quite a
bit of shilling as well.

tony cooper

On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 20:31:26 -0800 (PST), RiverMan
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Sorry... don't know where to post pic's otherwise. I am very much into
>picture taking... any suggestions? or try:
>http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...d-1d059526d839

MySpace is not a photo host. People aren't going to register for that
to view your photographs. Google for an image host or photo host.
There are dozens of free ones out there.
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

J. Clarke

tony cooper wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 18:55:18 -0800 (PST), RiverMan
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On Jan 1, 8:51 pm, RiverMan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> I would really like to know what everyone thinks about my skills
>>> as
>>> a photographer... I really love photography but have no formal
>>> training. I am really interested in what everyone thinks about
>>> them...
>>>
>>> -=] RiverMan [=-

>> Opps.. forgot to add the link to the pics:
>>
>> http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...d-1d059526d839
>>
>> Please tell me where I need work or what I am doing that I should
>> change... or what I could do to take better pic's...
>>

> This is a link to MySpace. It requires registration or logging in.
> No way am I going to a MySpace page.

Best bet for constructive criticism is probably
http://www.photosig.com/.
They've designed the site specifically around the idea of constructive
criticism and they seem to be putting some effort into moderation.

For a beginner looking at it for the first time though there's likely
to be a bit of "Look upon these works and despair".

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

SneakyP

tony cooper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 18:55:18 -0800 (PST), RiverMan
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Jan 1, 8:51 pm, RiverMan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> I would really like to know what everyone thinks about my skills as
>>> a photographer... I really love photography but have no formal
>>> training. I am really interested in what everyone thinks about
>>> them...
>>>
>>> -=] RiverMan [=-

>>Opps.. forgot to add the link to the pics:
>>
>>http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde....editAlbums&My
>>Token=3ff2f3c5-6085-4c72-805d-1d059526d839
>>
>>Please tell me where I need work or what I am doing that I should
>>change... or what I could do to take better pic's...
>>

> This is a link to MySpace. It requires registration or logging in.
> No way am I going to a MySpace page.

It goes to one's own pictures page.

Cheap trolljob, apparently.

--
SneakyP
To reply: newsgroup only, what's posted in ng stays in ng.

Some choose to swim in the potty bowl of nan-ae rather than flush it
down :0)