Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > deleted my admin account in xp pro

deleted my admin account in xp pro

rlbumich

Hi all,

By mistake I deleted my admin account and now I can not add or remove
programs, defrag hd etc. How can I go about installing admin rights?

I am thinking of reinstalling xp? I dont have access now to be able to
start welcome screen due to guest access now.

Thoughts are welcome.

John Barnes

This is a 64-bit group. You may want to post in the XP group. I haven't
used XP in a while, but have you tried running system restore from safe
mode?

"rlbumich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> By mistake I deleted my admin account and now I can not add or remove
> programs, defrag hd etc. How can I go about installing admin rights?
>
> I am thinking of reinstalling xp? I dont have access now to be able to
> start welcome screen due to guest access now.
>
> Thoughts are welcome.

Charlie Russel - MVP

Try doing a repair install.

Charlie.