Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Where can I find my wanted laptop?

Where can I find my wanted laptop?

GreenXenon

Hi:

I would like a laptop that is NVRAM-free, cache-free, and with all OS-
partitions being in the form of mask-programmed ROM. I also need for
the MAC address, IP address, and any other unique IDs of my laptop to
be in the form of completely-volatile RAM, so that they will be lost
each time I turn my laptop off -- and make new IDs, IPs, and MACs,
when I turn it on again.

Normally MAC addresses and other unique IDs are stored in mask-
programmed ROM, which cannot at all change. In my laptop they should
be in V-RAM.

I don't plan to save anything on the laptop, which is why I don't need
NVRAM or caches. NVRAM and caches will store unwanted confidential
material no matter how much you try to erase. For example, the only
way to remove haunting info from HDDs is to heat the platters beyond
Curie point.

Happy New Year,

Radium

RobV

kony wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 14:39:52 -0800 (PST), GreenXenon
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Hi:
>>
>> I would like a laptop that is NVRAM-free, cache-free, and with all
>> OS- partitions being in the form of mask-programmed ROM. I also need
>> for the MAC address, IP address, and any other unique IDs of my
>> laptop to be in the form of completely-volatile RAM, so that they
>> will be lost each time I turn my laptop off -- and make new IDs,
>> IPs, and MACs, when I turn it on again.
>>
>> Normally MAC addresses and other unique IDs are stored in mask-
>> programmed ROM, which cannot at all change. In my laptop they should
>> be in V-RAM.
>>
>> I don't plan to save anything on the laptop, which is why I don't
>> need NVRAM or caches. NVRAM and caches will store unwanted
>> confidential material no matter how much you try to erase. For
>> example, the only way to remove haunting info from HDDs is to heat
>> the platters beyond Curie point.
>>

>> Happy New Year,
>>
>> Radium

> Why are you wasting people's time with your delusions again?
> Use an etch-a-sketch and shake it when you are finished.

ROTFLMAO !

-----------------
-----------------

RobV

GreenXenon wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I would like a laptop that is NVRAM-free, cache-free, and with all OS-
> partitions being in the form of mask-programmed ROM. I also need for
> the MAC address, IP address, and any other unique IDs of my laptop to
> be in the form of completely-volatile RAM, so that they will be lost
> each time I turn my laptop off -- and make new IDs, IPs, and MACs,
> when I turn it on again.
>
> Normally MAC addresses and other unique IDs are stored in mask-
> programmed ROM, which cannot at all change. In my laptop they should
> be in V-RAM.
>
> I don't plan to save anything on the laptop, which is why I don't need
> NVRAM or caches. NVRAM and caches will store unwanted confidential
> material no matter how much you try to erase. For example, the only
> way to remove haunting info from HDDs is to heat the platters beyond
> Curie point.

Don't know about that. I hefty sledgehammer will do just as well.

> Happy New Year,
>
> Radium

It may be available in the twilight zone. Or, closer to home, contact
Sharp about their glass computer. It should be available by now. All
you need to wipe it is the same sledghammer you use for the hard drives.
http://www.newscientist.com/article/...-unveiled.html

Of course, the best solution is to get back on your meds.

-----------------
-----------------

CBFalconer

kony wrote:
> GreenXenon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

.... snip ...

>> I don't plan to save anything on the laptop, which is why I
>> don't need NVRAM or caches. NVRAM and caches will store
>> unwanted confidential material no matter how much you try to
>> erase. For example, the only way to remove haunting info from
>> heat the platters beyond Curie point.

> Why are you wasting people's time with your delusions again?
> Use an etch-a-sketch and shake it when you are finished.

Bravo. An excellent answer. Meets all the OPs requirements.

Joyeux Noel, Bonne Annee, Frohe Weihnachten
<http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>

sandy58

On Jan 1, 10:39*pm, GreenXenon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I would like a laptop that is NVRAM-free, cache-free, and with all OS-
> partitions being in the form of mask-programmed ROM. I also need for
> the MAC address, IP address, and any other unique IDs of my laptop to
> be in the form of completely-volatile RAM, so that they will be lost
> each time I turn my laptop off -- and make new IDs, IPs, and MACs,
> when I turn it on again.
>
> Normally MAC addresses and other unique IDs are stored in mask-
> programmed ROM, which cannot at all change. In my laptop they should
> be in V-RAM.
>
> I don't plan to save anything on the laptop, which is why I don't need
> NVRAM or caches. NVRAM and caches will store unwanted confidential
> material no matter how much you try to erase. For example, the only
> way to remove haunting info from HDDs is to heat the platters beyond
> Curie point.
>
> Happy New Year,
>
> Radium

Do you glow in the dark?

Jeff Strickland

"sandy58" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On Jan 1, 10:39 pm, GreenXenon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I would like a laptop that is NVRAM-free, cache-free, and with all OS-
> partitions being in the form of mask-programmed ROM. I also need for
> the MAC address, IP address, and any other unique IDs of my laptop to
> be in the form of completely-volatile RAM, so that they will be lost
> each time I turn my laptop off -- and make new IDs, IPs, and MACs,
> when I turn it on again.
>
> Normally MAC addresses and other unique IDs are stored in mask-
> programmed ROM, which cannot at all change. In my laptop they should
> be in V-RAM.
>
> I don't plan to save anything on the laptop, which is why I don't need
> NVRAM or caches. NVRAM and caches will store unwanted confidential
> material no matter how much you try to erase. For example, the only
> way to remove haunting info from HDDs is to heat the platters beyond
> Curie point.
>
> Happy New Year,
>
> Radium

Do you glow in the dark?

<JS>
He can't possibly know that because if he does glow in the dark, it will
never be dark where he is.

</JS>

Jeff Strickland

"GreenXenon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I don't plan to save anything on the laptop, which is why I don't need
> NVRAM or caches. NVRAM and caches will store unwanted confidential
> material no matter how much you try to erase. For example, the only
> way to remove haunting info from HDDs is to heat the platters beyond
> Curie point.

If you don't plan to save anything, then there's no point in erasing the any
of the stuff you want to keep away from the non-volitile RAM.

You are far too paranoid to be out in public.

Unruh

sandy58 <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>On Jan 1, 10:39=A0pm, GreenXenon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hi:
>>
>> I would like a laptop that is NVRAM-free, cache-free, and with all OS-
>> partitions being in the form of mask-programmed ROM. I also need for

How about CDRom? Try one of the Linux Live CDs.

>> the MAC address, IP address, and any other unique IDs of my laptop to
>> be in the form of completely-volatile RAM, so that they will be lost

Just burn your laptop each time you shut it off and go buy a new one.

>> each time I turn my laptop off -- and make new IDs, IPs, and MACs,
>> when I turn it on again.
>>
>> Normally MAC addresses and other unique IDs are stored in mask-
>> programmed ROM, which cannot at all change. In my laptop they should
>> be in V-RAM.

And you running around using other people;s MAC and IP address should not
bother you?

>> I don't plan to save anything on the laptop, which is why I don't need
>> NVRAM or caches. NVRAM and caches will store unwanted confidential
>> material no matter how much you try to erase. For example, the only
>> way to remove haunting info from HDDs is to heat the platters beyond
>> Curie point.

Or you could try using a reasonable operating system.