Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > linksys 3102 and tecointernetphone

Reply
Thread Tools

linksys 3102 and tecointernetphone

 
 
andrew
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-01-2009
As I understand it the old ata I have for my tescointernetphone number does
not use sip.

I don't want to make calls via tesco but wondered if it was possible to
receive calls to the tesco number with a sip protocol that the linksys
could receive. That way all calls route to one handset.

AJH
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Graham.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-02-2009

> As I understand it the old ata I have for my tescointernetphone number
> does
> not use sip.
>
> I don't want to make calls via tesco but wondered if it was possible to
> receive calls to the tesco number with a sip protocol that the linksys
> could receive. That way all calls route to one handset.
>
> AJH


At first they supported IAX only but now they support SIP devices too
Username: Tesco phone number
Password: your password
Server: sip.tescointernetphone.com

Unless you are perticulaly attached to that Tesco number, I would
use Sipgate.co.uk which will give you everything Tesco gives you
and more**

**Well perhaps not Clubcard points.
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
andrew
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-02-2009

>
> At first they supported IAX only but now they support SIP devices too
> Username: Tesco phone number
> Password: your password
> Server: sip.tescointernetphone.com


Thanks I have that in the voip box.

I must have something wrong as this doesn't connect. Does it use a different
port range?
>
> Unless you are perticulaly attached to that Tesco number, I would
> use Sipgate.co.uk


It's similar to my BT number and people are used to it if the other number
is engaged.

 
Reply With Quote
 
andrew
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-03-2009
Graham wrote:


> I think it's to do with the User-Agent parameter that is
> part of the SIP protocol. From what I can gather, my device
> sends
> User-Agent:linksys/pap2-3.1.3(LS)
> to the provider, and yours will send something similar. Tesco
> appear to block these, but services like pbxes, mysipswitch and
> voxalot probably send an asterisk User-Agent which is accepted.


Is there not a way in the configuration pages to alter this User-Agent
string? Would this be the entry under voice->advanced->sip "sip server name
$:version"? Nothing obvious shows up in debug.

I guess I need to monitor its output to the wan port before my netgear
router.
>
> If you fancy playing with this stuff then I recommend mysipswitch.com
> it really isn't as complicated as I have made it sound, and you will
> be able to have multiple numbers ringing the same phone.


You've been very helpful and I will try this, in the meanwhile I'll stick
with 18185 on the pstn line.

I'm sure I haven't set up the rules on my router properly and I haven't got
the 3102 to connect to an ntp server yet.

I have established that its CLID works well but it has lost some volume with
the handset I use.

Also on an incoming call last night it cut me off with 3 short beeps about
nearly an hour into the call.

AJH


 
Reply With Quote
 
andrew
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-04-2009
Graham wrote:

>> Also on an incoming call last night it cut me off with 3 short beeps
>> about nearly an hour into the call.

>
> What can you expect from a Tesco Value product.


This was just the linksys 3102 receiving calls from bt pstn.

I bought 2 of the tesco ATAs for when my daughter was doing a stint in
Australia. In the event internet access was more expensive than
a 'phonecard, so I only registered the one device and only use it for
incoming calls. Now I have the 3102 I'm getting short of ehternet sockets
on my router. So your mysipswitch idea may be the best workaround until I
find a sip provider I like.

> I notice the web-site won't let me in to the account
> area right now.
>
> The funny thing is that the ATA works directly with
> Tesco today, and I haven't changed anything.
> So maybe my theory about User-Agent is wrong.


I still have no connection to tescointernetphone via the 3102, again this
may be because of my router, previously the tecointernetphone ata burrowed
out with no changes on my part.
>
> Oh and no CLI display on calls from the PSTN.


Mine's been very reliable in passing clid, possibly better than the bt
relate 1000 which is on another extension.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Soruk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-04-2009
On 2009-01-04, andrew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> I still have no connection to tescointernetphone via the 3102, again this
> may be because of my router, previously the tecointernetphone ata burrowed
> out with no changes on my part.


IAX operates over one port - 4569/UDP. SIP is a little messier, for my
Trixbox server I have ports 5060/TCP, 5060/UDP and 10000-19999/UDP
forwarded to my Trixbox.

--
-- Michael "Soruk" McConnell Eridani Star System
MailStripper - http://www.MailStripper.eu/ - SMTP spam filter
Second Number - http://secondnumber.matrixnetwork.co.uk/
 
Reply With Quote
 
Al Paca
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-05-2009
On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 12:38:10 +0000, andrew <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I still have no connection to tescointernetphone via the 3102, again this
>may be because of my router, previously the tecointernetphone ata burrowed
>out with no changes on my part.


Shortly after Tesco included the use of SIP I was able to connect with
a PAP2 without a problem. Some time later, despite not having made any
changes here, it refused to connect and will not do so anymore. I
haven't spent time in playing with lots of parameters as the Tesco
service is a little used backup anyway.

I imagine that Tesco's provider are blocking a connection directly
from such devices. The 3102 is very similar to the PAP2 other than the
PTSN pass through.

I am able to successfully log directly on to Tesco Internet Phone
using a cheap Taiwanese ATA that I got from Ebay a few years ago. This
device identifies itself to the provider as a 'TigerNetCom
1.01.12.0.9.11' and functions with their service perfectly.

HTH.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Graham.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-05-2009

> andrew was thinking very hard :
>>> Oh and no CLI display on calls from the PSTN.

>>
>> Mine's been very reliable in passing clid, possibly better than the bt
>> relate 1000 which is on another extension.

>
> Indeed the SPA3x0x are very reliable with regards to CLI (assuming that's
> what you're talking about)


No, I'm talking about the Tesco Internet Phone service, which didn't seem
to pass CLI even when I briefly got the PAP2 to register.

It seems ok on mysipswitch, so it can stay there, and keep my other
Sipgate, Orbtalk and Localphone numbers company

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%


 
Reply With Quote
 
Graham.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-05-2009


"Al Paca" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) idual.de...
> On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 12:38:10 +0000, andrew <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>I still have no connection to tescointernetphone via the 3102, again this
>>may be because of my router, previously the tecointernetphone ata burrowed
>>out with no changes on my part.

>
> Shortly after Tesco included the use of SIP I was able to connect with
> a PAP2 without a problem. Some time later, despite not having made any
> changes here, it refused to connect and will not do so anymore. I
> haven't spent time in playing with lots of parameters as the Tesco
> service is a little used backup anyway.
>
> I imagine that Tesco's provider are blocking a connection directly
> from such devices. The 3102 is very similar to the PAP2 other than the
> PTSN pass through.
>
> I am able to successfully log directly on to Tesco Internet Phone
> using a cheap Taiwanese ATA that I got from Ebay a few years ago. This
> device identifies itself to the provider as a 'TigerNetCom
> 1.01.12.0.9.11' and functions with their service perfectly.


Logic would suggest it's the "user-agent" parameter.
I found a setting for it in the SIP tab on the PAP2, but
I only managed to get it to register with Tesco for a
short while.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can Linksys/Sipura (SPA-3102) use different SIP providers forincoming and outgoing calls benn UK VOIP 15 08-05-2008 02:20 PM
Linksys 3102 and Sipgate. Nick UK VOIP 9 02-05-2008 08:51 PM
[Linksys 3102 + GrandSteam IP phone] Direct outgoing IP call? Vincent Delporte VOIP 0 09-04-2006 05:37 PM
[Linksys 3102] Care to share a working config? Vincent Delporte VOIP 2 08-24-2006 08:27 PM
[Axon PBX] Configuring the Linksys SPA-3102? Vincent Delporte VOIP 0 08-13-2006 02:06 AM



Advertisments