Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Enamal Bath stained with hair colour

Enamal Bath stained with hair colour

Does anyone know of a way to remove the staining on an enamel bath caused by
hair colour? Seems it dripped off of the shower curtain and went unnoticed
until it was too late!
Thanks

Mara

On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 20:36:27 -0000, "T" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Does anyone know of a way to remove the staining on an enamel bath caused by
>hair colour? Seems it dripped off of the shower curtain and went unnoticed
>until it was too late!
>Thanks

You can try washing it in warm water, gentle cycle, with bleach.

--
Goodbye, Army, dear old Army of the Potomac. Tattered and torn,
you are crowned with the victor's laurels at last.
-- Elisha Hunt Rhodes, Col. 2nd R. I., July 15, 1865

Mara

On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 20:36:27 -0000, "T" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Does anyone know of a way to remove the staining on an enamel bath caused by
>hair colour? Seems it dripped off of the shower curtain and went unnoticed
>until it was too late!
>Thanks

Oh, sorry, mis-read your post. Have you tried a bleach solution?

-- Elisha Hunt Rhodes, Col. 2nd R. I., July 15, 1865

G. Morgan

T wrote:

>Does anyone know of a way to remove the staining on an enamel bath caused by
>hair colour? Seems it dripped off of the shower curtain and went unnoticed
>until it was too late!
>Thanks

Might want to try something with Oxalic acid. Here in the states such
products are "Bar Keeper's Friend" and "Zud". They are in the same aisle as
other cleansers like Comet. It works great on mineral stains too, like magic.

Do wear gloves though, it is caustic and will irritate the skin.

--
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that,
I'll be over here, looking through your stuff. -Jack Handey

sandy58

On Jan 1, 8:36*pm, "T" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Does anyone know of a way to remove the staining on an enamel bath caused by
> hair colour? *Seems it dripped off of the shower curtain and went unnoticed
> until it was too late!
> Thanks

First: Decapitate all females in the home.
Second: Buy a new bath.