Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Google Desktop and Lotus Notes integration.

Google Desktop and Lotus Notes integration.

ev

Hi,
I have an issue to index Lotus Notes (LN) using Google Desktop. I'm
using LN 8.0 version. LN isn't running on my PC and I'm accessing
server using Web browser ... but I have a local copy of my LN database
on my PC.
In Preferences settings I pointed Google Desktop to directory where my
copy of .nsf file located on my desktop.
The problem is that Google Desktop didn't index any LN mail.
Well my question is: is it right that in order to index LN mail the
Lotus Notes should be running on the desktop? Or in other words that I
won't be able to force Google Desktop to find any LN mail if Lotus
Notes application isn't running on my desktop?
I expected that having mail database .nsf locally on PC is enough to
be indexed by Google Desktop but may be I'm wrong ...
Thanks in advance.

why?

On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 09:36:03 -0800 (PST), ev wrote:

>Hi,
>I have an issue to index Lotus Notes (LN) using Google Desktop. I'm
>using LN 8.0 version. LN isn't running on my PC and I'm accessing
>server using Web browser ... but I have a local copy of my LN database
>on my PC.

Fair enough, sounds like a good idea so far.

>In Preferences settings I pointed Google Desktop to directory where my
>copy of .nsf file located on my desktop.

Fine, I can do that with Copernic as well, point it to a file.

>The problem is that Google Desktop didn't index any LN mail.

Sounds okay, GD does know how to read LN8 nsf files?

>Well my question is: is it right that in order to index LN mail the
>Lotus Notes should be running on the desktop? Or in other words that I

Why do you think this?

>won't be able to force Google Desktop to find any LN mail if Lotus
>Notes application isn't running on my desktop?

Ditto.

>I expected that having mail database .nsf locally on PC is enough to
>be indexed by Google Desktop but may be I'm wrong ...

Ditto and yes

GD file types
http://desktop.google.com/en/GB/features.html
with a link to other plugins.

http://desktop.google.com/plugins/se...ry=lotus+notes
No gadget found for lotus notes

Have a look around,
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/lo...s/notesdomino/
see if they have something.

Export your mail into a format GD can search.

>Thanks in advance.

You did try really hard to find your own answer? Or just just being a
bit (a lot) lazy?

www.google.com
google desktop lotus

Results 1 - 10 of about 336,000 for
google desktop lotus
.. (0.17 seconds)

What We Index : Lotus Notes content - Desktop for Windows Help Center
Google Desktop for Enterprise includes a plug-in developed by IBM that
lets Desktop index Lotus Notes content for Lotus Notes versions 6.5 and
above. ...
http://desktop.google.com/support/bi...n&answer=20045 - 17k
-

I can't find : Not indexing Lotus Notes - Desktop for Windows Help ...
If you're using Google Desktop for Enterprise and it's not indexing your
Lotus Notes, the Lotus Notes component was probably not fully installed.
http://desktop.google.com/support/bi...n&answer=53932 - 19k

Google Press Center: Press Release
Through a collaborative effort between Google and IBM, the new Google
Desktop Search for Enterprise provides simple, fast search across Lotus
Notes messages ...
http://www.google.com/intl/en/press/...nterprise.html

Google Desktop Search finds a place in Lotus Notes messaging
Google will offer Google Desktop Search for Enterprise, complete with
configuration and deployment controls, as well as the ability to search
the full text ...
http://searchdomino.techtarget.com/n...089692,00.html

Windows Desktop Search Lotus Notes Add-in | Gil's Method
This add-in allows desktop search to index your Lotus Notes e-mail (a
capability that Google Desktop as of this writting still lacks) don't
get me wrong I'm ...
www.gilsmethod.com/node/59

Me

NotesConnectors NotesConnectors is offline
Junior Member

There is a new Lotus Notes connector for Windows Search called EZ Notes Search. Enables users to search their mail, archives, attachments and files using Windows Search. Works on Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7 with Lotus Notes 6.5 to 8.5.2. Available at notesconnectors.com.