Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > wireless pc with vista doesn't work

wireless pc with vista doesn't work

pag

My dell PC gets internet connection. I have Comcast cable. I connect my
laptop thru a wireless router. My internet connection work OK until I power
up my PC and try and connect thru the router. The wireless connection tries
to work and then has limited or no connectivity. Then when I check my PC,
the connection is gone. So now I have to shut off my PC in order to use the
Internet connection on my PC. I did not experience this before I loaded
Windows Office on my new laptop that is Vista. Please help.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

HI
Does the two computers have unique IP numbers assigned by the Router?
Check the status of the computers when each one is working with IPconfig.
If you are not familiar with ipconfig look for the term in Windows Native
help.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...