Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Mail in Windows 7

Mail in Windows 7

Tailgunner

I see that we do not have a Mail program in Windows 7 version as yet. Have
the icon in IE 8 Beta but it does nothing. Guess you will add mail program
to a version later. Guess it will be like in Vista???? Thanks Happy New
Year to all.........
--
Charlie

Carlos

Charlie,
From what I have read, Windows Mail (and other proggies) will be Web based.
The software will not reside in your computer.
Carlos

"Tailgunner" wrote:

> I see that we do not have a Mail program in Windows 7 version as yet. Have
> the icon in IE 8 Beta but it does nothing. Guess you will add mail program
> to a version later. Guess it will be like in Vista???? Thanks Happy New
> Year to all.........
> --
> Charlie

Charlie Russel - MVP

I haven't yet seen any public announcements, but I'd strongly suspect if
Windows Mail isn't present in the beta, it won't be present in the released
product. With the Live branded web version of Mail, I suspect MS has decided
that is the future of Windows Mail.
--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

"Tailgunner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I see that we do not have a Mail program in Windows 7 version as yet.
>Have
> the icon in IE 8 Beta but it does nothing. Guess you will add mail
> program
> to a version later. Guess it will be like in Vista???? Thanks Happy New
> Year to all.........
> --
> Charlie

Homer J. Simpson

>I haven't yet seen any public announcements, but I'd strongly suspect if
>Windows Mail isn't present in the beta, it won't be present in the released
>product. With the Live branded web version of Mail, I suspect MS has
>decided that is the future of Windows Mail.

That was actually announced a few months back.

A quick search revealed this:
http://www.builderau.com.au/news/soa...9292165,00.htm

Charlie Russel - MVP

Thanks - hadn't seen it. I know I've been running Windows Mail off my
Terminal Server using TS RemoteApps because Win7 doesn't have WinMail. But
at some point, I'll have to convert to something else. I seriously doubt it
will be Live Mail. Likely Agent.