Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Re: Firefox 3.0 was way too slow and troublesome....

Re: Firefox 3.0 was way too slow and troublesome....

Frank

Justin wrote:
> Frank wrote on [Wed, 31 Dec 2008 13:50:29 -0500]:
>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

>>> I have no idea what that means. Never seen nor heard of that one. I
>>> doubt it has anything to do with Firefox, but rather your connection.
>>>

>> Darned if I know. It says "connect broadband connection" and only
>> appears for some sites. Wireless router as cater corner from me, going
>> through a few rooms. Minor PITA but Chrome does not precipitate it.

> You may want to try explaining this again, in English.

Well, Rom understood and helped me out to eliminate problem. I have
high speed internet connection, Comcast cable, and even though
connected, Firefox would freeze and request connection. If I just x'ed
out the request, it would continue normal connection. Chrome does not
have this problem which logically would lead to problem residing with
Firefox. The about:config setting pointed out by Rom solved problem.

I am also having some connectivity problem, either with modem or cable.
Got disconnected on all three computers this am and tech on phone could
not correct and scheduled in home service for Sunday. After he hung up,
service came back. I'm not canceling call as I think there is still
some debugging to do.

Hate to be a slave to all these finicky machines

Frank