Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: A catastrophic windstorm inside my harddrive

Re: A catastrophic windstorm inside my harddrive

sandy58

On Dec 30, 3:04*pm, "WeReo_ScoTTy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> There's this terrible "whirring" noise coming from inside my harddrive day
> and night. Amazingly it's not happening right now as I type, but it's a
> constant. It sounds like a windstorm going on in there.
>
> It whirrs up when I scroll a page, strangely, or sometimes load a youtube.. I
> believe the only moving part inside a harddrive is the fan. I put my hand on
> the harddrive, and I surmise the fan is for some reason increasing and
> decreasing in speed.
>
> About a week ago I also smelled something burning. I leaned over and sure
> enough the burning was coming from inside the harddrive, although I don't
> smell it burning right now. It could be though.
>
> This is an Acer Aspire, and I bought it about a couple of years or so ago..
> Any ideas?

I had the same problem. Does it smell like frying eggs and maybe
bacon? So, unless your jewish, moslem or vegitarian......run like
****.............for the ketchup.

Re: A catastrophic windstorm inside my harddrive Aardvark Computer Support 0 12-30-2008 03:51 PM
Re: A catastrophic windstorm inside my harddrive Dan C Computer Support 0 12-30-2008 03:18 PM
Sigma WindStorm Mid Tower Ian Front Page News 0 12-15-2008 02:13 PM
Catastrophic failure. Cris MCSD 1 12-22-2003 10:44 PM
Debugging - Catastrophic Failure :( !!! Alek ASP .Net 1 08-04-2003 01:44 PM

Advertisments