Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Help with open-source project.

Help with open-source project.

Jon Smid

Dear,

I'm looking for help with an open-source project handling RAW format
images : http://dlraw.sourceforge.net/

Specifically I'm looking for :

- Patient and wellwilling testers.
- People with good knowledge of image algorithms.
- People able to contribute C++ code.

Thanks.

Marco Tedaldi

Hi Jon

Jon Smid schrieb:

> Dear,
>
> I'm looking for help with an open-source project handling RAW format
> images : http://dlraw.sourceforge.net/

Interesting

> Specifically I'm looking for :
>
> - Patient and wellwilling testers.

if it's "worth" it...

> - People with good knowledge of image algorithms.

nope... at least ot me....

> - People able to contribute C++ code.

dito...

> Thanks.

You're welcome.

Maybe you should point out why you are developing something new, since
for example ufraw already exists and does many things quite well already.

It seems you intend to write a GUI for dcraw. what's the reason to use a
modified version, which will have to be cared for by you instead of just
plain dcraw?

It might be the wrong place here to discuss this matters, but it should
be pointed out on the homepage of the project.

Good luck!

kruemi

--
Agfa isolette, EOS 40D
http://flickr.com/photos/kruemi

ray

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 17:50:58 +0100, Jon Smid wrote:

> Dear,
>
> I'm looking for help with an open-source project handling RAW format
> images : http://dlraw.sourceforge.net/
>
> Specifically I'm looking for :
>
> - Patient and wellwilling testers.
> - People with good knowledge of image algorithms. - People able to
> contribute C++ code.
>
> Thanks.

Could you explain what advantages this project might (eventually) have
over ufraw?

Jon Smid

ray schreef:
> On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 17:50:58 +0100, Jon Smid wrote:
>
>> Dear,
>>
>> I'm looking for help with an open-source project handling RAW format
>> images : http://dlraw.sourceforge.net/
>>
>> Specifically I'm looking for :
>>
>> - Patient and wellwilling testers.
>> - People with good knowledge of image algorithms. - People able to
>> contribute C++ code.
>>
>> Thanks.

> Could you explain what advantages this project might (eventually) have
> over ufraw?

This is a fair question.
I'll spend a few words on it on the webpage.
I'd rather avoid starting to argue here as it might result in flame wars.
Feel free to drop by in a private conversation on it.