Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Asp.net not happy about multiple files with the same name?

Asp.net not happy about multiple files with the same name?

SamIAm

Hi There

I am a directory structure similar to the following:

/images/
/Area1/Default.aspx
/Area2/Default.aspx
/Area3/Default.aspx
/Default.aspx

All the classes in the code behind files are named correctly i.e.
The class name in code behind for /Area1/Default.aspx is names
Area1Default, Area2Default etc

..Net does seem to like that fact that there are multiple Default.aspx files
in the project and I am getting all kinds of strange behaviour like code not
running and when I try set breakpoints while debugging the ide will try and
jump to other classes in other directories and set a random breakpoint??

All the aspx pages have the correct codebehind and inherits properties set
up.

Any ideas?

mikeb

SamIAm wrote:
> Hi There
>
> I am a directory structure similar to the following:
>
> /images/
> /Area1/Default.aspx
> /Area2/Default.aspx
> /Area3/Default.aspx
> /Default.aspx
>
> All the classes in the code behind files are named correctly i.e.
> The class name in code behind for /Area1/Default.aspx is names
> Area1Default, Area2Default etc
>
> .Net does seem to like that fact that there are multiple Default.aspx files
> in the project and I am getting all kinds of strange behaviour like code not
> running and when I try set breakpoints while debugging the ide will try and
> jump to other classes in other directories and set a random breakpoint??
>
> All the aspx pages have the correct codebehind and inherits properties set
> up.
>
> Any ideas?

As far as I know, ASP.NET does not have any trouble with a setup like
this, but the debugger definitely does - it doesn't seem to take into
account the full path, only the base filename, when locating source files.

I suspect that you have other problems, but you might have to do some
renaming of files to allow you to use the debugger to track them down.
If that's not acceptable, tracing may be your best hope.

--
mikeb

SamIAm

There is a documented problem with the debugger. I guess we will just rename
all the files when we go live.

Thanks

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

OT: Happy Happy Joy Joy! Mike T. MCSE 79 11-19-2006 08:22 PM
[QUIZ SOLUTION] Happy Numbers (#93) - happy bases Daniel Martin Ruby 1 09-06-2006 07:06 PM
HEXUS.opinions :: Have a happy happy gaming holiday Silverstrand Front Page News 0 12-23-2005 04:12 PM
Happy Happy Joy Joy, I recovered my photos Tama Mativa Digital Photography 9 05-24-2004 04:58 PM
happy happy christmas showgun MCSE 26 12-17-2003 07:11 PM

Advertisments