Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Graphing Convolution

Graphing Convolution

viper-2

C-Graph is a package of five simple core functions reproduced in C
from my Honours thesis "Interactive Computer Package Demonstrating:
Sampling Convolution and the FFT", University of Aberdeen, Scotland
(1983). Use C-Graph to generate signals for work or play.

Download C-Graph from Code Art Now:

http://www.codeartnow.com/code/download/c-graph-1

C-Graph is free as in beer!

http://www.codeartnow.com/gallery-1/...ning-of-free-2

Enjoy!

--agt

Freedom - No pane, all gaiGN!

Code Art Now
http://codeartnow.com

vippstar@gmail.com

On Dec 30, 6:26 pm, viper-2 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> C-Graph is a package of five simple core functions reproduced in C
> from my Honours thesis "Interactive Computer Package Demonstrating:
> Sampling Convolution and the FFT", University of Aberdeen, Scotland
> (1983). Use C-Graph to generate signals for work or play.
>
> Download C-Graph from Code Art Now:
>
> http://www.codeartnow.com/code/download/c-graph-1
>
> C-Graph is free as in beer!
>
> http://www.codeartnow.com/gallery-1/...ning-of-free-2
>
> Enjoy!

In recplot.c, line 42 you have initgraph(&driver, &mode, "c:\\adrienne\
\tc\\bgi");
If I understand correctly that's a hardcoded path. I hope you don't
expect your code to work anywhere else other than your own comp.
Moreover, this is comp.lang.c, we discuss ANSI/ISO C and I believe
advertising your project isn't 'allowed', in the sense that it's not
topical.

viper-2

On Dec 31, 4:33 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Dec 30, 6:26 pm, viper-2 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > C-Graph is a package of five simple core functions reproduced in C
> > from my Honours thesis "Interactive Computer Package Demonstrating:
> > Sampling Convolution and the FFT", University of Aberdeen, Scotland
> > (1983). Use C-Graph to generate signals for work or play.

> > Download C-Graph from Code Art Now:

> >http://www.codeartnow.com/code/download/c-graph-1

> > C-Graph is free as in beer!

> >http://www.codeartnow.com/gallery-1/...ning-of-free-2

> > Enjoy!

> In recplot.c, line 42 you have initgraph(&driver, &mode, "c:\\adrienne\
> \tc\\bgi");
> If I understand correctly that's a hardcoded path. I hope you don't
> expect your code to work anywhere else other than your own comp.
> Moreover, this is comp.lang.c, we discuss ANSI/ISO C and I believe
> advertising your project isn't 'allowed', in the sense that it's not
> topical.

Read the license file C-Graph-license.txt. I expect the user to make
any technical modifications necessary to run the code. The code is
ancient, remember - 1996. As I indicated in the documentation, I
haven't updated or upgraded the files since the day I created them.

It's not about advertising, I thought engineers coding in C might find
the functions useful - and fun. Hopefully comp.lang.c will inspire me
to reactivate my C programming.

--agt

Freedom - No pane, all gaiGN!

Code Art Now
http://codeartnow.com
Email: (E-Mail Removed)

viper-2

On Dec 31, 4:59 am, Obnoxious User <O...@127.0.0.1> wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 01:33:36 -0800, vippstar wrote:
> > On Dec 30, 6:26 pm, viper-2 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> C-Graph is a package of five simple core functions reproduced in C from
> >> my Honours thesis "Interactive Computer Package Demonstrating: Sampling
> >> Convolution and the FFT", University of Aberdeen, Scotland (1983). Use
> >> C-Graph to generate signals for work or play.

> >> Download C-Graph from Code Art Now:

> >>http://www.codeartnow.com/code/download/c-graph-1

> >> C-Graph is free as in beer!

> >>http://www.codeartnow.com/gallery-1/...ning-of-free-2

> >> Enjoy!

> > In recplot.c, line 42 you have initgraph(&driver, &mode, "c:\\adrienne\
> > \tc\\bgi");
> > If I understand correctly that's a hardcoded path. I hope you don't
> > expect your code to work anywhere else other than your own comp.
> > Moreover, this is comp.lang.c, we discuss ANSI/ISO C and I believe
> > advertising your project isn't 'allowed', in the sense that it's not
> > topical.

> The old bgi driver. I haven't seen that one in probably a decade or so.
>
> --
> OU

Yes, it's from 1996. See the post above. Enjoy!

--agt

Freedom - No pane, all gaiGN!

Code Art Now
http://codeartnow.com
Email: (E-Mail Removed)

CBFalconer

viper-2 wrote:

.... snip ...

> --agt
>
> Freedom - No pane, all gaiGN!
>
> Code Art Now
> http://codeartnow.com
> Email: (E-Mail Removed)

FYI a sig. marker is the specific line "-- ", with the final space,
and nothing else (no quotes). It marks everything from that point
on as being part of the sig.

Joyeux Noel, Bonne Annee, Frohe Weihnachten
<http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>

viper-2

On Jan 1, 6:26 pm, CBFalconer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> viper-2 wrote:
>
> ... snip ...
>
> > --agt

> > Freedom - No pane, all gaiGN!

> > Code Art Now
> >http://codeartnow.com
> > Email: (E-Mail Removed)

> FYI a sig. marker is the specific line "-- ", with the final space,
> and nothing else (no quotes). It marks everything from that point
> on as being part of the sig.
>
> --
> Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Happy New Year
> Joyeux Noel, Bonne Annee, Frohe Weihnachten
> <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>

Thanks for the information. I've been marooned on Caprica for a couple
of decades.

I got a couple of emails signed like that, i.e. "--sig". Thought it
was cute

Enjoy the code - and 2009!

--
agt

Freedom - No pane, all gaiGN!

Code Art Now
http://codeartnow.com
Email: (E-Mail Removed)

CBFalconer

viper-2 wrote:
> CBFalconer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

.... snip ...

>> FYI a sig. marker is the specific line "-- ", with the final space,
>> and nothing else (no quotes). It marks everything from that point
>> on as being part of the sig.

> Thanks for the information. I've been marooned on Caprica for a
> couple of decades.
>
> I got a couple of emails signed like that, i.e. "--sig". Thought it
> was cute
>
> Enjoy the code - and 2009!
>
> --
> agt

Your sig marker is still missing the critical final blank.

On Jan 1, 8:53 pm, CBFalconer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> viper-2 wrote:
> > CBFalconer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> ... snip ...
>
> >> FYI a sig. marker is the specific line "-- ", with the final space,
> >> and nothing else (no quotes). It marks everything from that point
> >> on as being part of the sig.

> > Thanks for the information. I've been marooned on Caprica for a
> > couple of decades.

> > I got a couple of emails signed like that, i.e. "--sig". Thought it
> > was cute

> > Enjoy the code - and 2009!

> > --
> > agt

> Your sig marker is still missing the critical final blank.
>
> --
> Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Happy New Year
> Joyeux Noel, Bonne Annee, Frohe Weihnachten
> <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>

Hi CB:

My modem is broken on GNU/Linux for the moment so I've been panefully
using Notepad to write and edit my messages.

I'm pretty sure I inserted a final space after the "--". I'll insert
the blank this time directly in my browser. This any better?

--
agt

Freedom - No pane, all gaiGN!

Code Art Now
http://codeartnow.com
Email: (E-Mail Removed)

CBFalconer

viper-2 wrote:
> CBFalconer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

.... snip ...

>> Your sig marker is still missing the critical final blank.

> My modem is broken on GNU/Linux for the moment so I've been
> panefully using Notepad to write and edit my messages.
>
> I'm pretty sure I inserted a final space after the "--". I'll
> insert the blank this time directly in my browser. This any
> better?

No.

On Jan 2, 5:17 pm, CBFalconer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> viper-2 wrote:
> > CBFalconer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> ... snip ...
>
> >> Your sig marker is still missing the critical final blank.

> > My modem is broken on GNU/Linux for the moment so I've been
> > panefully using Notepad to write and edit my messages.

> > I'm pretty sure I inserted a final space after the "--". I'll
> > insert the blank this time directly in my browser. This any
> > better?

> No.
>
> --
> Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Happy New Year
> Joyeux Noel, Bonne Annee, Frohe Weihnachten
> <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>

Thanks; this is very patient of you. I'm more than puzzled. That final
space is a bit like the University of Aberdeen's ghost -
http://www.codeartnow.com/law-project/boo.

They can't say who wrote the FORTRAN program in my Honours Thesis,
just that it couldn't be me.

I'll get back to you on the sig marker.

--

agt

Freedom - No pane, all gaiGN!

Code Art Now
http://codeartnow.com
Email: (E-Mail Removed)

2D convolution Ruan Hongning C Programming 6 07-13-2006 04:42 AM
Where can I get the algorthm of dicrete convolution? yezi C Programming 2 10-21-2005 11:17 PM
Is there a package with convolution and related methods? Charles Krug Python 3 04-25-2005 11:43 AM
Convolution in VHDL Hari VHDL 3 01-22-2004 04:19 PM
help in soft-decision decoding of convolution code ouadid abdelkarim VHDL 0 07-10-2003 03:56 AM

Advertisments