Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Finding drivers for Wireless adapter?

Finding drivers for Wireless adapter?

Trevor

Trying to fix up an old computer a long way from home. I have had to
reinstall XP and now the wireless adapter has a yellow ? in Device Manager
and hence doesn't work. It is the type you have to take the side of the PC
of and plug into the MoBo - sorry don't know the name - an aerial sticks out
the back of the desktop PC. I have no idea what make of adapter it is,
Belarc Advisor doesn't pick it up and there's no info on it either.

Any ideas on ways of getting it to work?

David B.

You'll have to take the card out and find out who makes it and get a model
number to determine the driver you need.

--

----
Help Us Help You http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm

"Trevor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:495a3ad5$0$4068$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Trying to fix up an old computer a long way from home. I have had to
> reinstall XP and now the wireless adapter has a yellow ? in Device Manager
> and hence doesn't work. It is the type you have to take the side of the PC
> of and plug into the MoBo - sorry don't know the name - an aerial sticks
> out the back of the desktop PC. I have no idea what make of adapter it is,
> Belarc Advisor doesn't pick it up and there's no info on it either.
>
> Any ideas on ways of getting it to work?

Pavel A.

Trevor wrote:
> Trying to fix up an old computer a long way from home. I have had to
> reinstall XP and now the wireless adapter has a yellow ? in Device Manager
> and hence doesn't work. It is the type you have to take the side of the PC
> of and plug into the MoBo - sorry don't know the name - an aerial sticks out
> the back of the desktop PC. I have no idea what make of adapter it is,
> Belarc Advisor doesn't pick it up and there's no info on it either.
>
> Any ideas on ways of getting it to work?

Ok, so it seems to be a PCI card.

Can you click on that yellow ? in dev. manager,
then Properties, Details, and select "Hardware IDs" on the top?
Post the longest (topmost) string that shows up there, it should be like
\PCI\VEN_xxxx&DEV_yyyy&SUBSYS_xxxxx ....

Regards,
--PA

Trevor

Here is the number :

PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_9066&SUBSYS_AB9013D1&REV_00\4&11C D5334&0&60F0

"Pavel A." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ekxy%23$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Trevor wrote:
>> Trying to fix up an old computer a long way from home. I have had to
>> reinstall XP and now the wireless adapter has a yellow ? in Device
>> Manager and hence doesn't work. It is the type you have to take the side
>> of the PC of and plug into the MoBo - sorry don't know the name - an
>> aerial sticks out the back of the desktop PC. I have no idea what make of
>> adapter it is, Belarc Advisor doesn't pick it up and there's no info on
>> it either.
>>
>> Any ideas on ways of getting it to work?

> Ok, so it seems to be a PCI card.
>
> Can you click on that yellow ? in dev. manager,
> then Properties, Details, and select "Hardware IDs" on the top?
> Post the longest (topmost) string that shows up there, it should be like
> \PCI\VEN_xxxx&DEV_yyyy&SUBSYS_xxxxx ....
>
> Regards,
> --PA

Pavel A.

Trevor wrote:
> Here is the number :
>
> PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_9066&SUBSYS_AB9013D1&REV_00\4&11C D5334&0&60F0

Ok, this is a TI "TNETW1130" B/G PCI card.

Google finds the following driver link:
http://www.wireless-driver.com/downl...set-Driver.htm

It looks reasonable, but I haven't tried it, use on your own risk,
or search for other download.

Have a nice ski day
--PA