Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Backup software in x 64

Backup software in x 64

Peter

My x64 OS disk either did not come the a backup program or it did not get
loaded. If the former what inexpensive program can you recommend? If the
latter then how can I load it?
Thanks
Peter

Rom

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 14:24:09 -0800, Peter wrote:

> My x64 OS disk either did not come the a backup program or it did not get
> loaded. If the former what inexpensive program can you recommend? If the
> latter then how can I load it?

If Vista, the backup features - Automatic Backup and Complete PC
Backup depend on the edition of Vista.

A couple to look at and/or try:
Acronis True Image: <http://www.acronis.com/>
Macrium Reflect FREE Edition: <http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.asp>

--
Rom

Charlie Russel - MVP

My preferred backup option for x64 Vista (or any other OS I run!) is Windows
Home Server. Absolutely painless, automatic, reliable and easy to use. And
recovery is simple as well. Plus you get other goodies like remote access.
But honestly, what I use WHS for is backup. Everything else is just a nice
plus.
--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My x64 OS disk either did not come the a backup program or it did not get
> loaded. If the former what inexpensive program can you recommend? If the
> latter then how can I load it?
> Thanks
> Peter

Peter