Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > domain names

domain names

Evan Platt

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 19:38:38 -0500, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I also used Liberty to create the "oldies" charts on my site at
>http:\\oldies.1littleworld.com which are in the process of being
>revised.

Wow... Just... Wow.

Write URL's much?

Evan Platt

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 17:35:19 -0700, hwأf <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>www.dnstools.com
>
>Just guessing that you dont know how to do a whois, etc.
>HTH

RtS wants a list of every domain.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

richard wrote:

> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
>> [an answer]

> Now this has been a more helpful response.
> I can only assume then that the names are stored in a database rather
> than on a typical website style page.

Oh my goodness. Did you really think the SOURCE of all the world's
zillions of domain names would be a table .. in HTML?

[repeat fifty million times]

It is in a database. Something really strong. Like maybe Oracle.
Possibly/probably spread out over multiple servers, due to access and
size.

There is no "web page" anywhere that would hold this data in just HTML.
How would all the thousands of registrars poll a "web page" many times
every second of every day?

> Have you not heard of "Liberty BASIC"? www.libertybasic.com

Yes, but I have no desire to use it. Besides, it won't run in my
operating system. I'll stick with PHP, Perl, Python or similar.

> http:\\oldies.1littleworld.com which are

having the wrong kind of slashes.

--
-bts

hwf

richard wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 17:35:19 -0700, hwأf <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 17:43:48 -0500, richard aided th' terraists with the
>> following claims :
>>> But I suppose what I could do is write my own little program that
>>> would automatically verify if any domain name with that specified set
>>> of characters exists or not. That would of course, take one hell of a
>>> long time to do. If I could just access the site's page(s) where they
>>> store this information, I could retrieve that information faster.
>>>
>>> So what URL do I need?

>> www.dnstools.com
>>
>> Just guessing that you dont know how to do a whois, etc.
>> HTH

> I do not want to do whois. I only want the list of registered domain
> names.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh...theres prolly a terabytes worth of them.