Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > LCD Scratch or something

LCD Scratch or something

TT8

Can Someone tell me if My LCD has a Scratch or something?
It is abot 1 mm long and hair thickness wide goes diagnoaly and I have
tried Pencil Eraser, Vaseoline, and Furniture Polish on the "scratch"
but it did not goe away I can not see it if I turn the monitor off but
When its On I see it all the time except DARK colors (BLACK)
Please tell me if I can fix this or if is not a SCRATCH
Thanks

chuckcar

> Can Someone tell me if My LCD has a Scratch or something?
> It is abot 1 mm long and hair thickness wide goes diagnoaly and I have
> tried Pencil Eraser, Vaseoline, and Furniture Polish on the "scratch"
> but it did not goe away I can not see it if I turn the monitor off but
> When its On I see it all the time except DARK colors (BLACK)
> Please tell me if I can fix this or if is not a SCRATCH
> Thanks

Sounds like pixel failure. Your manual should say something about how many
have to fail for it to be replaced under warrenty. Failing that call
whoever made your computer. You *never* get any lit pixels in that spot
right?

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Evan Platt

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 21:50:57 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Sounds like pixel failure.

Fail.

>Your manual should say something about how many
>have to fail for it to be replaced under warrenty.

What's a warrenty?

>Failing that call whoever made your computer.

WTF? So I have a Compaq Monitor, a Toshiba computer. I should call
Toshiba?

Wow.. Dude, put down the peace pipe, Tonto.

TT8

> > Can Someone tell me if My LCD has a Scratch or something?
> > It is abot 1 mm long and hair thickness wide goes diagnoaly and I have
> > tried Pencil Eraser, Vaseoline, and Furniture Polish on the "scratch"
> > but it did not goe away I can not see it if I turn the monitor off but
> > When its On I see it all the time except DARK colors (BLACK)
> > Please tell me if I can fix this or if is not a SCRATCH
> > Thanks
>
> Sounds like pixel failure. Your manual should say something about how many
> have to fail for it to be replaced under warrenty. Failing that call
> whoever made your computer. You *never* get any lit pixels in that spot
> right?
>
> --
> (setq (chuck nil) *car(chuck) )

I ant tell, It could be a scratch
it is Hair Thickness 1 mm long diagnoly

chuckcar

>> > Can Someone tell me if My LCD has a Scratch or something?
>> > It is abot 1 mm long and hair thickness wide goes diagnoaly and I
>> > have tried Pencil Eraser, Vaseoline, and Furniture Polish on the
>> > "scratch" but it did not goe away I can not see it if I turn the
>> > monitor off but When its On I see it all the time except DARK colors
>> > (BLACK) Please tell me if I can fix this or if is not a SCRATCH
>> > Thanks
>>
>> Sounds like pixel failure. Your manual should say something about how
>> man

>> have to fail for it to be replaced under warrenty. Failing that call
>> whoever made your computer. You *never* get any lit pixels in that spot
>> right?

> I ant tell, It could be a scratch
> it is Hair Thickness 1 mm long diagnoly

Use a magnifying glass or call tech support for (whatever - not yet
mentioned) company made your computer. We can't go any further here until
that question is answered.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Evan Platt

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 02:08:47 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Use a magnifying glass or call tech support for (whatever - not yet
>mentioned) company made your computer. We can't go any further here until
>that question is answered.

Yes, that would make more sense than calling the manufacturer of the
DISPLAY.

Moron.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>We can't go any further here until
>that question is answered.

What's this we crap, everybody is distancing themselves from you.

--

Only in Texas
http://tinyurl.com/74wdlj

TT8

> >> Sounds like pixel failure. Your manual should say something about how
> >> man
> >> have to fail for it to be replaced under warrenty. Failing that call
> >> whoever made your computer. You *never* get any lit pixels in that spot
> >> right?
> > I ant tell, It could be a scratch
> > it is Hair Thickness 1 mm long diagnoly

> Use a magnifying glass or call tech support for (whatever - not yet
> mentioned) company made your computer. We can't go any further here until
> that question is answered.
>
> --
> (setq (chuck nil) *car(chuck) )- Hide quoted text -

HP L1470

Evan Platt

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 18:21:35 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>What's this we crap, everybody is distancing themselves from you.

Everybody else has provided decent answers. Then along comes
chucktard, telling the OP to ask his mechanic....

I mean, WTF.. "Ask your computer manufacturer about your monitor"?????

What a dumb****.

DevilsPGD

In message <(E-Mail Removed)> Evan Platt
<evan@*******************************> was claimed to have wrote:

>On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 18:21:35 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>What's this we crap, everybody is distancing themselves from you.

>Everybody else has provided decent answers. Then along comes
>chucktard, telling the OP to ask his mechanic....
>
>I mean, WTF.. "Ask your computer manufacturer about your monitor"?????
>
>What a dumb****.

Assuming that the computer manufacturer supplied the monitor, it's not
an unreasonable place to ask. That's a fair assumption in most cases,
although likely not amongst this group (or usenet as a whole)

LCD Scratch TT8 Computer Support 15 01-01-2009 05:01 PM
LCD display screen scratch removal see.cher@your.place Computer Support 3 08-02-2004 01:47 AM
Scratch remover for digicam LCD screen? Curly Digital Photography 3 04-13-2004 11:03 PM
LCD Screen Scratch Rider NZ Computing 4 08-04-2003 12:04 PM

Advertisments