Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox Hanging Question

Firefox Hanging Question

evodawg

Lately I've noticed Firefox hanging for some time before opening a website.
I don't have many add-ons and I'm thinking this maybe the reason. Have
these addons: FireFTP Forecastfox Weather display and Ant.com and DOM
Inspector is disabled.Funny thing though DOM Inspector has no disable
button. Using Linux so don't think adware can effect the browser.

Anyone have any ideas? Firefox ver. 2.0.0.18

Thanks in advance!
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

John Doe

evodawg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Lately I've noticed Firefox hanging for some time before opening a
> website. I don't have many add-ons and I'm thinking this maybe the
> reason. Have these addons: FireFTP Forecastfox Weather display and
> Ant.com and DOM Inspector is disabled.Funny thing though DOM
> Inspector has no disable button. Using Linux so don't think adware
> can effect the browser.
>
> Anyone have any ideas? Firefox ver. 2.0.0.18

Someone in another group was wondering about the Internet being slow
lately. Unless you know it's the browser, you should suspect that
it could be the website, especially if it opens very quickly at
another website.

evodawg

John Doe wrote:

> evodawg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Lately I've noticed Firefox hanging for some time before opening a
>> website. I don't have many add-ons and I'm thinking this maybe the
>> reason. Have these addons: FireFTP Forecastfox Weather display and
>> Ant.com and DOM Inspector is disabled.Funny thing though DOM
>> Inspector has no disable button. Using Linux so don't think adware
>> can effect the browser.
>>
>> Anyone have any ideas? Firefox ver. 2.0.0.18

> Someone in another group was wondering about the Internet being slow
> lately. Unless you know it's the browser, you should suspect that
> it could be the website, especially if it opens very quickly at
> another website.

It was slow opening every website... Think I found the problem,ant.com add
on. I disabled it and everything is running normal again...

--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

FF 1.5 hanging Steve IA Firefox 2 12-21-2005 05:00 PM
Slow Hanging Network Windows XP =?Utf-8?B?cmFuZHk=?= Wireless Networking 7 06-24-2005 01:44 AM
Pages 'hanging' problem... Martin D. Pay Firefox 4 02-25-2004 09:06 AM
IPC::Run and hanging pipes Brian Hann Perl 1 12-11-2003 08:41 PM
Hanging VPN sessions - HELP Nick Gorham Cisco 0 07-22-2003 02:18 PM

Advertisments