Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Disk Defrag won't work

Disk Defrag won't work

xoxoshortiexoxo04@yahoo.com

Every time I try to use my disk defrag it doesn't work it says "disk
defragmenter could not start". I have even tryed doing it in safe mode
and it still won't work. Any ideas on what it could be? or how to get
it to work?

Iapetus

> Every time I try to use my disk defrag it doesn't work it says "disk
> defragmenter could not start". I have even tryed doing it in safe mode
> and it still won't work. Any ideas on what it could be? or how to get
> it to work?

Which operating system and what defrag program are you using?

Have you tried Defraggler or any of the many many other defrag tools on
the market?

http://www.defraggler.com/

http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/system/fwdefrag.html

Centre Parting

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Every time I try to use my disk defrag it doesn't work it says "disk
> defragmenter could not start". I have even tryed doing it in safe mode
> and it still won't work. Any ideas on what it could be? or how to get
> it to work?

Buggered partition table ?
Buggered HDD - physical : bad sectors ?

Buggered PSU ?

Mr Pounder

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Every time I try to use my disk defrag it doesn't work it says "disk
> defragmenter could not start". I have even tryed doing it in safe mode
> and it still won't work. Any ideas on what it could be? or how to get
> it to work?

JkDefrag is very good, very fast and free.
Better than the one in Windows (?)

I had better go before somebody shouts at me.

Mr Pounder