Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > printing photos

printing photos

F. D. Lewis

I'd like to print 8x10's or maybe a sheet of 4x5's. the processing
has already been done.

What do you guys use in MS Vista?

Don Stauffer

F. D. Lewis wrote:
> I'd like to print 8x10's or maybe a sheet of 4x5's. the processing
> has already been done.
>
> What do you guys use in MS Vista?

I print from either Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop Elements. The
application is less an issue than the printer. Not only do printers vary
in quality of the hardware, some manufacturers supply better drivers
than others. The printer driver software is just as important as the
hardware- some have excellent options built into the drivers, others
less so.

One advantage of Paint Shop Pro is that it has a great printing montage
utility- it lets you print a number of different images on an 8.5 x 11
sheet, resizing and repositioning to fit.

sligoNoSPAMjoe@hotmail.com

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 00:05:36 -0800 (PST), "F. D. Lewis"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'd like to print 8x10's or maybe a sheet of 4x5's. the processing
>has already been done.
>
>What do you guys use in MS Vista?

What did you use to process the prints?

I use Photoshop, but that would not be best for everyone.

ray

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 00:05:36 -0800, F. D. Lewis wrote:

> I'd like to print 8x10's or maybe a sheet of 4x5's. the processing has
> already been done.
>
> What do you guys use in MS Vista?

The only way I could ever get photos to print with MS was to put them in
a word doc and print it. Why not submit online to Walgreens', walmart, or
whoever else is nearby? Printers costing several hundred thousand dollars
can generally do a better job than your $200 ink jet.

Kulvinder Singh Matharu

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'd like to print 8x10's or maybe a sheet of 4x5's. the processing
>has already been done.
>
>What do you guys use in MS Vista?

Qimage. Brilliant bit of software with a bunch of features. However,
the interface is bewildering and takes time to learn.

Available here:
http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/
--
Kulvinder Singh Matharu