Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon 50D Focus Problem

Canon 50D Focus Problem

Sheila

My husband got a Canon 50D and I got a Canon D10 for Christmas.

His 50D will not take a sharp focus at 100% not matter what he or I try.
My G10 does take very sharp photos at 100%. Does anyone have any ideas
or is the 50D just a piece of junk?
--
Sheila
http://swdalton.com

Nervous Nick

On Dec 25, 9:52*pm, Sheila <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> My husband got a Canon 50D and I got a Canon D10 for Christmas.
>
> His 50D will not take a sharp focus at 100% not matter what he or I try.
> My G10 does take very sharp photos at 100%. *Does anyone have any ideas
> or is the 50D just a piece of junk?
> --
> Sheilahttp://swdalton.com

It's a piece of junk. Send it to me for proper recycling.

J. Clarke

Sheila wrote:
> My husband got a Canon 50D and I got a Canon D10 for Christmas.
>
> His 50D will not take a sharp focus at 100% not matter what he or I
> try. My G10 does take very sharp photos at 100%. Does anyone have
> any ideas or is the 50D just a piece of junk?

What do you mean vy "at 100%"?

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Sheila

J. Clarke wrote:
> Sheila wrote:
>> My husband got a Canon 50D and I got a Canon D10 for Christmas.
>>
>> His 50D will not take a sharp focus at 100% not matter what he or I
>> try. My G10 does take very sharp photos at 100%. Does anyone have
>> any ideas or is the 50D just a piece of junk?

> What do you mean vy "at 100%"?

When you view the photo at 100% of its size.

--
Sheila
http://swdalton.com

eatmorepies

"Sheila" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:twY4l.12817$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> My husband got a Canon 50D and I got a Canon D10 for Christmas.
>
> His 50D will not take a sharp focus at 100% not matter what he or I try.
> My G10 does take very sharp photos at 100%. Does anyone have any ideas or
> is the 50D just a piece of junk?
> --

My 50D takes very sharp photos - I do use expensive lenses though. They
don't look as sharp on the camera screen as they do on the monitor, but you
soon get used to what good focus looks like on the camera screen. Also - do
use the focus calibration provision; I had to set 2 L lenses off zero to get
perfection.

John

measekite

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 14:09:28 +0000, eatmorepies wrote:

> "Sheila" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:twY4l.12817$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> My husband got a Canon 50D and I got a Canon D10 for Christmas.
>>
>> His 50D will not take a sharp focus at 100% not matter what he or I try.
>> My G10 does take very sharp photos at 100%. Does anyone have any ideas or
>> is the 50D just a piece of junk?
>> --

> My 50D takes very sharp photos - I do use expensive lenses though. They
> don't look as sharp on the camera screen as they do on the monitor, but you
> soon get used to what good focus looks like on the camera screen. Also - do
> use the focus calibration provision; I had to set 2 L lenses off zero to get
> perfection.
>
> John

For users who have used or have seen both the printed results (12x1 or
so between (cropped 20%) an image taken with a 50D and one taken with a
Canon 5D or a 5D/2 what differences they see. How much better is the 5D's
over the 50D?

Sheila

Sheila wrote:
> My husband got a Canon 50D and I got a Canon D10 for Christmas.
>
> His 50D will not take a sharp focus at 100% not matter what he or I try.
> My G10 does take very sharp photos at 100%. Does anyone have any ideas
> or is the 50D just a piece of junk?

Thanks everyone, lens calibration took care of the problem.

--
Sheila
http://swdalton.com

RustY

"Sheila" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bJc5l.13223$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Sheila wrote:

> Thanks everyone, lens calibration took care of the problem.

How did you calibrate it / them ?

Sheila

RustY wrote:
> "Sheila" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bJc5l.13223$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Sheila wrote:

>> Thanks everyone, lens calibration took care of the problem.
>>

> How did you calibrate it / them ?

Do a search on google search for the eos 50D AF microadjustment.

In the manual for the 50D pg 180 describes how to do an AF Microadjustment.

Sheila
http://swdalton.com

RustY

"Sheila" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2uO5l.14430$(E-Mail Removed).. .

> In the manual for the 50D pg 180 describes how to do an AF

Microadjustment.

Thanks for that

50D focus Ge Nidee Digital Photography 8 03-01-2012 08:48 PM
Problem with a Canon 50D Gary Edstrom Digital Photography 19 06-07-2009 12:23 PM
Canon 50D Focus Ping John Sheila Digital Photography 1 12-26-2008 10:23 PM
Canon 50D? Eric Miller Digital Photography 31 09-08-2008 10:26 PM
Canon EOS 50D Rumour Site phil Digital Photography 0 05-12-2008 08:02 AM

Advertisments