Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > capacitor

capacitor

swapu

A capacitor is an electrical/electronic device that can store energy
in the electric field between a pair of conductors (called "plates").
The process of storing energy in the capacitor is known as "charging",
and involves electric charges of equal magnitude, but opposite
polarity, building up on each plate.

http://electronicstopics.blogspot.co...capacitor.html

wannabesomeonecares@gmail.com

"swapu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:
05bcb36b-1f58-4ade-9971-a35f85de3fde...oglegroups.com...
>A capacitor is an electrical/electronic device that can store energy
> in the electric field between a pair of conductors (called "plates").
> The process of storing energy in the capacitor is known as "charging",
> and involves electric charges of equal magnitude, but opposite
> polarity, building up on each plate.
>
> http://electronicstopics.blogspot.co...capacitor.html

But...., what about my "Flux Capacitors"?

Don Stauffer

swapu wrote:
> A capacitor is an electrical/electronic device that can store energy
> in the electric field between a pair of conductors (called "plates").
> The process of storing energy in the capacitor is known as "charging",
> and involves electric charges of equal magnitude, but opposite
> polarity, building up on each plate.
>
> http://electronicstopics.blogspot.co...capacitor.html

And the reason you posted that gem of knowledge?

Nervous Nick

On Dec 25, 10:03*am, swapu <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> A capacitor is an electrical/electronic device that can store energy
> in the electric field between a pair of conductors (called "plates").
> The process of storing energy in the capacitor is known as "charging",
> and involves electric charges of equal magnitude, but opposite
> polarity, building up on each plate.

So is the final exam going to be an open-book test?

--
YOP...

Allodoxaphobia

On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 10:31:21 -0600, Don Stauffer wrote:
> swapu wrote:
>> A capacitor is an electrical/electronic device that can store energy
>> in the electric field between a pair of conductors (called "plates").
>> The process of storing energy in the capacitor is known as "charging",
>> and involves electric charges of equal magnitude, but opposite
>> polarity, building up on each plate.
>>
>> http://electronicstopics.blogspot.co...capacitor.html

> And the reason you posted that gem of knowledge?

This google grouper spammer/troll dropped this turdlet into a couple
of other ng's, too.

Dave Cohen

Don Stauffer wrote:
> swapu wrote:
>> A capacitor is an electrical/electronic device that can store energy
>> in the electric field between a pair of conductors (called "plates").
>> The process of storing energy in the capacitor is known as "charging",
>> and involves electric charges of equal magnitude, but opposite
>> polarity, building up on each plate.
>>
>> http://electronicstopics.blogspot.co...capacitor.html

> And the reason you posted that gem of knowledge?

He's hoping someone here can figure out how to store pixels in place of
those electrical charges. Since they could only be +ve or -ve, I'm
afraid we would be back to b&w.
Dave Cohen

\(.\)\(.\)

Hey Einstein, it's called a "condenser" not a capacitor

duh...

J. Clarke

(.)(.) wrote:
> Hey Einstein, it's called a "condenser" not a capacitor
>
> duh...

Hey, Brainiac, a "condenser" is part of a steam power system or an air
conditioner.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

\(.\)\(.\)

"J. Clarke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> (.)(.) wrote:
>> Hey Einstein, it's called a "condenser" not a capacitor
>>
>> duh...

> Hey, Brainiac, a "condenser" is part of a steam power system or an air
> conditioner.

Listen up dipwad, git yo head out yo ass fool!

"A direct current, high voltage generator is disclosed in which electric
power is produced by repeated condenser changes. In various embodiments of
the basic electric circuitry, the required condenser change is effected by
various methods, including, especially in the principal embodiment, the
method of condenser change by radiation-variable condensers the dielectric
material of which is uniquely a non-photoconducting material. This generator
is distinctive in two basic ways, namely in that it is a complete d.c.
generator without an iron core transformer not merely a voltage augmentor
and secondly in that the light-variable dielectric material is different
from that of prior art generators."

There is no shortage of intellectual stupidity around here... gah....

John Passaneau

Dave Cohen wrote:
> Don Stauffer wrote:
>> swapu wrote:
>>> A capacitor is an electrical/electronic device that can store energy
>>> in the electric field between a pair of conductors (called "plates").
>>> The process of storing energy in the capacitor is known as "charging",
>>> and involves electric charges of equal magnitude, but opposite
>>> polarity, building up on each plate.
>>>
>>> http://electronicstopics.blogspot.co...capacitor.html

>> And the reason you posted that gem of knowledge?

> He's hoping someone here can figure out how to store pixels in place of
> those electrical charges. Since they could only be +ve or -ve, I'm
> afraid we would be back to b&w.
> Dave Cohen

You do know that CMOS and CDC's do not store color. They only store a
charge that is proportional to brightness. The color information comes
from the colored filter that is over each pixel. The trick is the camera
or RAW converter has to know what filter is over what pixel to properly
assign a color to that pixel.

So we all start out in black & white and it's amazing that it works so well.

John Passaneau