Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Help!!! Loosing SessionState when calling external programm

Help!!! Loosing SessionState when calling external programm

Freddy Fischer

Hi anybody out there,

i've an interesting problem with my Session-Object. I've build a page, where
i loaded data from a SQLServer 2000. All went ok so far. My DataGrid was
filled with correct data. In the Grid i configured 2 BoundColumns and a
ButtonColumn with Name "ViewCube".

When i klick on a Button in the button-column a function will be called
named ViewCube().
in this function some validations are made and a stored proc on the
SQLServer will be called.

In the stored proc i use xp_cmdshell which calls a VB6 program
After returning from this program the events session_end AND application_end
are thrown. WHY???
When i call e.g. ipconfig instead of my program the events are not thrown.

Is there anybody who knows about this anything?

Natty Gur

Weird and interesting,

Is your web application and database co-exist on the same machine ?

Natty Gur[MVP]
Phone Numbers:
Office: +972-(0)9-7740261
Fax: +972-(0)9-7740261