Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Enterprise library 3.1 and stored procedures

Enterprise library 3.1 and stored procedures

Alex. O. Koranteng

Allen,

Yes I did it find itand things make sense to me now. COuld you point me any
links that uses SPROCS and Entlib 3.1. for examples using output parameters

Thanks

"Allen Chen [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> Do you have any progress on this issue?
>
> Regards,
> Allen Chen
> Microsoft Online Community Support

Alex. O. Koranteng

Steve,

I just sent you email on my progress and request for some reference links.
See thread for 1/06/2009. Thanks for all your support.

"Allen Chen [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> Do you have any progress on this issue?
>
> Regards,
> Allen Chen
> Microsoft Online Community Support

Alex. O. Koranteng

Allen,

I have looked at this link which you pointed me to
earlier:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc309205.aspx and it is a
good one. I am currently looking at the section on using the Dbdatareader to
retrieve multiple rows and will create a new Bll class for the CustOrder
dataset and use it on a new page. Are they are performance benefits in using
the Dbdatareader instead of the dataset approach we used earlier. I will
update you of my progress end of week. I think, I am getting to know how to
use data access block for entlib3.1. and I appreciate all your help soo far

Alex

"Allen Chen [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> Do you have any progress on this issue?
>
> Regards,
> Allen Chen
> Microsoft Online Community Support

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your update.

Quote from Alex============================================== ====
Are they are performance benefits in using
the Dbdatareader instead of the dataset approach we used earlier.

This is a good question. I recommend you read the following article to see
the difference between and the DataSet. After reading, you'll know when to
use DataSet and when to use DataReader.

Here're some related articles that may address your other questions. They
are written by the user of Enterprise Library. I think they are easier for
you to understand.

http://www.stereoplex.com/two-voices...ith-the-enterp
rise-library
http://www.devx.com/dotnet/Article/30910/0/page/4

Please feel free to ask if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support

Alex. O. Koranteng

Allen,

Thanks for the links. I will visit them and review them and will update you
end of week

"Allen Chen [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> Thanks for your update.
>
> Quote from Alex============================================== ====
> Are they are performance benefits in using
> the Dbdatareader instead of the dataset approach we used earlier.
>
> This is a good question. I recommend you read the following article to see
> the difference between and the DataSet. After reading, you'll know when to
> use DataSet and when to use DataReader.
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc188717.aspx
>
> Here're some related articles that may address your other questions. They
> are written by the user of Enterprise Library. I think they are easier for
> you to understand.

> http://www.stereoplex.com/two-voices...ith-the-enterp
> rise-library
> http://www.devx.com/dotnet/Article/30910/0/page/4
>
> Please feel free to ask if you need further assistance.
>
> Regards,
> Allen Chen
> Microsoft Online Support

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Hi Alex,

Have you got the expected answer? Do you have additional questions about
this issue?

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Community Support

Alex. O. Koranteng

Allen,

Per your email on 6/07/2009 about the status of my submitted incidents, yoiu
can close this case and thanks for all your help.