Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: Frames Target and External HTML

Re: Frames Target and External HTML

Jukka K. Korpela

Sean wrote:

> I have a frameset where the bottom frame is an external webpage from
> another site for which I have no control over it's HTML.

Do you have their permission to frame it? If it, it's usually a copyright
infringement and could cause you a lot of trouble.

> When a link
> is clicked on the frame containing the external HTML I want the new
> page to replace the frameset i.e Target="_top" but currently the link
> opens the page within the frameset in the bottom frame ("mainFrame").

Yes, and you cannot change it without modifying the framed page (its HTML
markup or the JavaScript code it uses).

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/