Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How I got rid of Spyware guard 2008

How I got rid of Spyware guard 2008

McFerg

Mcafee and Windows Defender recognized it, but would not clear it. It kept
coming back every few seconds. I tried for about 4 hours to get rid of it,
but nothing worked. I finally downloaded and purchased "SpyHunter 3" from
Enigma Software. It cost around $30, and I scanned the computer. It
recognized the Trojan but did not get rid of it, so I went in to the
helpdesk and sent a ticket (email) and told them that I could not get rid of
"Spyware guard 2008 ". I got a reply within about 5 mins which said they
would email me within 24 hours with a solution. Next morning I had an email
which said they had sent a "Custom Fix" to the program on my computer. When
I opened SpyHunter 3, there was a Custom Fix tab on the bottom of the
screen, which I clicked on and followed the instructions, ran a scan and
finally got rid of the dammed thing. What a hassle. I've seen on Google that
there are free programs which can work, but some people had no luck with
them. That's why I bought "SpyHunter 3".

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"McFerg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Mcafee and Windows Defender recognized it, but would not clear it. It kept
>coming back every few seconds. I tried for about 4 hours to get rid of it,
>but nothing worked. I finally downloaded and purchased "SpyHunter 3" from
>Enigma Software. It cost around $30, and I scanned the computer. It
>recognized the Trojan but did not get rid of it, so I went in to the
>helpdesk and sent a ticket (email) and told them that I could not get rid of
>"Spyware guard 2008 ". I got a reply within about 5 mins which said they
>would email me within 24 hours with a solution. Next morning I had an email
>which said they had sent a "Custom Fix" to the program on my computer. When
>I opened SpyHunter 3, there was a Custom Fix tab on the bottom of the
>screen, which I clicked on and followed the instructions, ran a scan and
>finally got rid of the dammed thing. What a hassle. I've seen on Google that
>there are free programs which can work, but some people had no luck with
>them. That's why I bought "SpyHunter 3".

I'd say it was worth the $30 for sending a file they refer to as a
custom fix, it worked, didn't take forever, and you are now a loyal
customer.

I do hate to say anything bad about any of it; but google does show a
post of Oct 2, 2008 they posted publicly to remove it.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/malw...are-guard-2008

HiJackthis (My personal favorite) would of removed it as well

Symptoms that may be in a HijackThis Log:
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [spywareguard] C:\Program Files\Spyware Guard
2008\spywareguard.exe
--

Face appears in an icicle.
Since it's in the Godless Northwest, no one's claiming it's Jesus