Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Linksys PAP2-NA - no instructions

Linksys PAP2-NA - no instructions

Graham.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> [...]

> DND Dial Tone: 350@-19,440@-19;2(.2/.2/2);10(*/0/1+2)
> Holding Tone: 600@-19;*(.1/.1/1,.1/.1/1,.1/9.5/1)
> Conference Tone: 350@-19;20(.1/.1/1,.1/9.7/1)
> Secure Call Indication Tone:
> 397@-19,507@-19;15(0/2/0,.2/.1/1,.1/2.1/2)
> Feature Invocation Tone: 350@-16;*(.1/.1/1)
>
> Ring1 Cadence: 60(.4/.2,.4/2)
> Ring2 Cadence: 60(1/2)
> Ring3 Cadence: 60(.25/.25,.25/.25,.25/1.75)

> CWT1 Cadence: 30(.2/.2,.2/4.4)
>
> Ring Waveform: Sinusoid (though Trapezoid may help problematic phones
> to ring).
> Ring Frequency: 25
> Ring Voltage: 80 (You can use 70, if problems try 75, 80, 85, 90)
> CWT Frequency: 425@-20
> Synchronized Ring: Yes
>
> Hook Flash Timer Min: .06
> Hook Flash Timer Max: .2
> Callee On Hook Delay: 0
> Reorder Delay: 5
> Call Back Expires: 1800
> Call Back Retry Intvl: 30
> Call Back Delay: .5
> VMWI Refresh Intvl: 0
> Interdigit Long Timer: 10
> Interdigit Short Timer: 3
> CPC Delay: .5
> CPC Duration: .1

> Time Zone: GMT
> FXS Port Impedance: 370+620||310nF
> Daylight Saving Time Rule:
> start=3/-1/7/2:0:0;end=10/-1/7/2:0:0;save=1:0:0
> DTMF Playback Level: -16
> DTMF Playback Length: .25
> Caller ID Method: ETSI FSK With PR(UK)
> FXS Port Power Limit: 3
> Caller ID FSK Standard: v.23
> Feature Invocation Method: Default
> More Echo Suppression: yes
>
> In Line 1 (or Line 2)
>
> Line Enable: yes
> NAT Mapping Enable: yes
> NAT Keep Alive Enable: yes
> Network Jitter Level: low (Depends on how good your broadband is /
> route to VoIP server)
> Jitter Buffer Adjustment: Up and Down
>

> Proxy and Registration
> Proxy: Your Voip Proxy address (for example sip1.sipdiscount.com or
> sip.voipcheap.com or sipgate.co.uk etc)
>
> Subscriber Information - (where you enter your VoIP Account details).
>
> Supplementary Service Subscription (See also User 1 & User 2) - This
> is where you enable services such as Call Waiting, 3-Way Calling,
> block anonymous caller etc)
>
> Audio Configuration - This is where you set-up which codecs you want
> to use or only use.
> If you have limited broadband speed (mostly if upload is poor) then
> you probably only use one or more from G729a, G723 or G726)
> If you want the best quality line, then you'd choose G711a (which is
> the standard used on a standard line)
>
> (Myself, I use G711a only, have that set to my preferred codec and use
> that one only, but you may find other codecs are fine).
>
> DTMF Tx Method: (This will depend on the VoIP service you use, trial
> and error and depends on codec) Soon know if it don't work when
> try telephone banking for example and it doesn't recognize what

Jeez, I understand this stuff and I'm dizzy!

Anyway, you missed out how to construct a Sipura dial-plan.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

PAJ

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 19:49:18 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Now why would he want to be using Sipgate when there are decent
>providers here in the UK only bloody fools give their custom to
>Sipgate .

You still sucking COCK?

Ivor Jones

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for some strange,
unexplained reason:

[snip]

: Now why would he want to be using Sipgate when there are decent
: providers here in the UK only bloody fools give their custom to
: Sipgate .

Merry Christmas to you too, Ron.

Ivor

alexd

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 19:44:02 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>Or if you're using Sipgate try http://www.sipgate.co.uk/setup/linksyspap2

> Now why would he want to be using Sipgate when there are decent
> providers here in the UK

Yes Ivor, you should be more patriotic and promote the VoIP service supplied
by a large tax-dodging UK supermarket. I mean, they only get one in every
eight pounds spent in this country so I think we should find it in our
hearts to be a little more charitable towards them this Christmas, don't
you?

> only bloody fools give their custom to
> Sipgate .

Au contraire. Only bloody fools are incapable of programming their kit to
work with Sipgate. I can program your kit to work with Sipgate for you, but
it's going to cost you about a fiver. And I'd want the fiver up front too;
your reputation preceeds you, Ronny Baby!

15:09:40 up 19 days, 17:22, 1 user, load average: 0.06, 0.07, 0.02

mymail@hotmail.co.uk

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 00:35:46 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In news:(E-Mail Removed),
>(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for some strange,
>unexplained reason:
>
>[snip]
>
>: Now why would he want to be using Sipgate when there are decent
>: providers here in the UK only bloody fools give their custom to
>: Sipgate .
>
>Merry Christmas to you too, Ron.

Christmas did you say Ivor what is Christmas Ivor except an excuse for
bloody fools to get ****ed up to the eyeballs and throw money away
on stupid presents .
May the 5th of January come quickly then peace quiet and Sanity will
be restored once again until this time next year of course, may not
be quite so bad next year though Mr Brown may just succeed in bringing
the country really to its knees in 2009 .

Dave

I suggest you use a static address rather than allowing
your router to assign one via DHCP.

>> I pulled an old router out of the attic and simply connected it
>> between cable modem and PC.
>> It simply worked with no set-up.
>> Is that using DHCP ???

>No, that's an attic IP address. Or something. But seriously, yes, that's
>DHCP.

OK, could you suggest what is the disadvantage of DHCP.
It seems to work OK.
Is it worth me changing ?

Thanks.

Graham.

`

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I suggest you use a static address rather than allowing
> your router to assign one via DHCP.
>>
>>> I pulled an old router out of the attic and simply connected it
>>> between cable modem and PC.
>>> It simply worked with no set-up.
>>> Is that using DHCP ???

>>No, that's an attic IP address. Or something. But seriously, yes, that's
>>DHCP.

> OK, could you suggest what is the disadvantage of DHCP.
> It seems to work OK.
> Is it worth me changing ?
>
> Thanks.

Only that the address might change the next time you want to
log on. Also if you get involved with incoming calls you
will need to forward some ports to the IP address of the ATA

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Stephen Ward

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 17:06:00 +0000, Graham. wrote:

> `
>
> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I suggest you use a static address rather than allowing
>> your router to assign one via DHCP.

>>>No, that's an attic IP address. Or something. But seriously, yes,
>>>that's DHCP.

>> OK, could you suggest what is the disadvantage of DHCP. It seems to
>> work OK.
>> Is it worth me changing ?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> Only that the address might change the next time you want to log on.
> Also if you get involved with incoming calls you will need to forward
> some ports to the IP address of the ATA

-
So are you saying if you have a static (not leased by DHCP) IP you don't
need to NAT the ports . . . . . . . . Umm. I forgot, what about uPNP ...

So many choices . . .

-
--
.. . .

Graham.

"Stephen Ward" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:4952985b$0$10553$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 17:06:00 +0000, Graham. wrote:
>
>> `
>>
>> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I suggest you use a static address rather than allowing
>>> your router to assign one via DHCP.

>>> OK, could you suggest what is the disadvantage of DHCP. It seems to
>>> work OK.
>>> Is it worth me changing ?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>

>> Only that the address might change the next time you want to log on.
>> Also if you get involved with incoming calls you will need to forward
>> some ports to the IP address of the ATA

> -
> So are you saying if you have a static (not leased by DHCP) IP you don't
> need to NAT the ports

Not at all, it's easier if the target nodes keep the same address.
And isn't the need to forward (or map) ports a *consiquence* of NAT?

.. . . . . . . . Umm. I forgot, what about uPNP ...

Don't trust uPNP I perfer to make my own arrangements

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Stephen Ward

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 20:41:19 +0000, Graham. wrote:

> "Stephen Ward" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:4952985b$0$10553$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 17:06:00 +0000, Graham. wrote:
>>
>>> `
>>>
>>> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Only that the address might change the next time you want to log on.
>>> Also if you get involved with incoming calls you will need to forward
>>> some ports to the IP address of the ATA

>> -
>> So are you saying if you have a static (not leased by DHCP) IP you
>> don't need to NAT the ports

> Not at all, it's easier if the target nodes keep the same address. And
> isn't the need to forward (or map) ports a *consiquence* of NAT?
>
> . . . . . . . . Umm. I forgot, what about uPNP ...
>
> Don't trust uPNP I perfer to make my own arrangements
>>
>> So many choices . . .

Easier for who or what? I don't think any sys admin with a large pool of
machines to look after would share your take on things. The 'give it a
static IP address' is the hand rail for the crippled small-scale
networker.

'Making your own arrangements' is fine and Dandy for a few hosts.

--
.. . .